What's new

regarding beetles...

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've never seen one, and i hope and pray that i never do.

But i am curious.. can they escape a proper cellophane?

If not, that would give a great deal of validity to keeping your cigars IN their cello. I've been thinking it would help contain the problem, if it ever presented itself, and as such, i keep my cigars sheathed.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
They can and will eat thru cello,ziplocks. I got a bundle of rebanded cigars once that were infested, they had eaten thru the ziplock and were runnnig loose in the box. I never used that vendor again.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
damn.

back to hoping for the best.

if anyone does discover a vendor or person with a problem, i think it would be a disservice not to let us all know... so we can at least take precautions. I don't want to have to freeze ALL my cigars come summertime and warmer weather.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I guess you might be able to put blame on a particular vendor or person if they're not storing the cigars properly. But, for one thing, neither can be responsible for eggs in the tobacco to begin with (happens, despite the mfg attempts to remove/kill). Plus, at least during the summer months, seems like the cigars may be exposed to elevated temps no matter where they come from, which may result in a hatch. Dunno?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
As to the vendor comment, I'm with Sunivy. Now if a vendor refused to make it right, that would be one thing. But most of the time I would think the issue is going to be the eggs already in the smokes.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
A bug trap might work for an avallo or something, but my humis are small.
And i really don't want that in there, in any case. Might change my mind if/after a tragedy occurs, but for now i guess i'm adamant bout those traps.

As for vendors, or individuals, don't think of it as cursing them.
If someone got a beetle infestation, and they had good prices, i'd still buy, but i would know to freeze the cigars. No big deal. Shit happens.

I am quite aware the beetles are'nt from uncleanliness, or put in there on purpose by people.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
it's sorta like if Pam Anderson offered the opportunity to "hit it"...
you still would, you'd just take precautions :smt003