What's new

Reloaders

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I always thought about getting a handgun that shoots 10mm since all I'd have to buy different was cases since I already shoot a .40sw. I am about to buy a press and start loading for my rifles and possibly my glock. I always heard that glocks required special dies because of the unsupported chamber and the preggo belly bulge that develops as a result. I first started looking into it about 3-4 years ago but ended up too busy to make loading beneficial. Now it's a different story for me.

Not that I can provide much help at all. For what handgun are you looking to load?

Edit:
Hehehe it was a trap of sorts.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Not looking to reload it. Don't have a 10mm. Just have a bunch of brass I'm looking to get rid of is all.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Dave, if you don't find someone, I'd be happy to buy the brass off of you. Let me know!
Matt, let me know if you've found any sweet loads that work for you! I've been saving all my spent 10mm and plan to start reloading as soon as I get a work bench set up at the new place. What are you shooting? What press do you have?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Clint, what are you trying to do with your 10? It's hard to come up with load specs, especially for this round, based on usage. You can load up light range loads, or full-house hunting loads, and anything in between.

I always thought about getting a handgun that shoots 10mm since all I'd have to buy different was cases since I already shoot a .40sw. I am about to buy a press and start loading for my rifles and possibly my glock. I always heard that glocks required special dies because of the unsupported chamber and the preggo belly bulge that develops as a result. I first started looking into it about 3-4 years ago but ended up too busy to make loading beneficial. Now it's a different story for me.

Not that I can provide much help at all. For what handgun are you looking to load?

Edit:
Hehehe it was a trap of sorts.
Glocks have better supported chambers than most off the shelf 1911s.

The only 10mm autos I'd really want would be a Glock 20 or Tanfoglio.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Good to know. I know my G23 puts a good belly on the casing near the base.
Don't get me wrong. They're certainly not perfect. But they're sufficient, and better done than lots of other options.
If you want a fully supported chamber, you're most likely looking at a gun that costs several times the price of the 20.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Clint, what are you trying to do with your 10? It's hard to come up with load specs, especially for this round, based on usage. You can load up light range loads, or full-house hunting loads, and anything in between.

Glocks have better supported chambers than most off the shelf 1911s.

The only 10mm autos I'd really want would be a Glock 20 or Tanfoglio.
Probably just lighter loads for range play.
I have a few boxes of hotter hard cast lead from DoubleTap for hunting. (of course I've never taken it hunting yet! )

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Matt, let me know if you've found any sweet loads that work for you! I've been saving all my spent 10mm and plan to start reloading as soon as I get a work bench set up at the new place. What are you shooting? What press do you have?
I shoot a Kimber of some sort, I don't remember the details, but it's not mine, it's a co-workers of mine. He is a reloader, and shoots them out of his Kimber. I asked if he'd mind if I shot reloads I did, he has no issue with it. I have the dies and very few casings, so any additional will be greatly appreciated. :)

As for the press. I have a modded Dillon 450, I think it's called a 450L after the mod or 550L.