What's new

Remix!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hey home rolling brothers! I'm wondering if you guys have ever tried "remixing" your home rolled creations? I've read some threads where @shadowcam has switched wrappers (with existing production cigars) with interesting results: http://www.botl.org/threads/tat-remix-reviews.78544/

I'm wondering if any of you have:
  • Put a "home rolled" wrapper on a "production" cigar?
  • Taken off a "production" cigar's wrapper and rewrapped on a "home rolled" binder and filler?
  • Blended fillers of "home rolled" and "production" cigars?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have taken damaged wrappers off of a bundle of cc custom rolls a friend gave me. I have been sitting on them but will start to burn through them soon. I have plans with a good friend to take a Warped Unico and re-wrap with my Ecuadorian Habano wrapper to try and replicate the Black Honey. I haven't done any other messing around, I think re-wrapping is probably the only way to play around with an already rolled cigar as I imagine the filler would crumble to pieces if you tried to completely disassemble an already rolled cigar. Curious to see what others have done here though.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I have taken damaged wrappers off of a bundle of cc custom rolls a friend gave me. I have been sitting on them but will start to burn through them soon. I have plans with a good friend to take a Warped Unico and re-wrap with my Ecuadorian Habano wrapper to try and replicate the Black Honey. I haven't done any other messing around, I think re-wrapping is probably the only way to play around with an already rolled cigar as I imagine the filler would crumble to pieces if you tried to completely disassemble an already rolled cigar. Curious to see what others have done here though.
I'm very interested to hear the result of your re-wrapped CC custom rolls and BrewinHooligan Black Honey's! I could see the benefit of having wrapper leaf on hand in case you have a cigar with split/cracked/fragile wrappers or to try recreate a limited blend.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I've done some experiments on lower end Fuentes with mild success. Might have to mess around more.

If there were a way to sav/reuse/rewrap the filler, I have a few more ideas I'd like to try...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey home rolling brothers! I'm wondering if you guys have ever tried "remixing" your home rolled creations? I've read some threads where @shadowcam has switched wrappers (with existing production cigars) with interesting results: http://www.botl.org/threads/tat-remix-reviews.78544/

I'm wondering if any of you have:
  • Put a "home rolled" wrapper on a "production" cigar?
  • Taken off a "production" cigar's wrapper and rewrapped on a "home rolled" binder and filler?
  • Blended fillers of "home rolled" and "production" cigars?
yes, yes, and yes

Latest experiment along that way was five of Willie's cigars (yes, bought from our brother BrewinHooligan's mentor). They all blow up. All of them. Even the few which did not split in shipment or in storage blow up when lit. Whatever he used for wrapper that day, though tasty, was fragile. So I wrapped one on CT shade, one in H2K, another in Corojo oscuro, another in Arapirica, and the last I think was in Capa Clara. Have not yet decided which I will use to re-wrap the rest of Willie's in. Solved the problem, tho.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think re-wrapping is probably the only way to play around with an already rolled cigar as I imagine the filler would crumble to pieces if you tried to completely disassemble an already rolled cigar. Curious to see what others have done here though.
Not at all. Not friable; just stubborn about wanting to stay where it has been for so long. A wee misting makes a big diff. The other prob is, you don't know what leaf you are taking out of the bundle, so it's kinda a crapshoot. Tried that long ago and gave it up as a bad bet. Now I just stick to regarding the commercial stick as a blank bunch, then wrapping a new leaf over it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey oside. I look forward to reading that thread. but, yes, yes, and yes. before leaf was so available, I was all up in it. This is an image of the first intact wrappers with the cap. I just had to scan it. It was off a 5 by 54.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
yes, yes, and yes

Latest experiment along that way was five of Willie's cigars (yes, bought from our brother BrewinHooligan's mentor). They all blow up. All of them. Even the few which did not split in shipment or in storage blow up when lit. Whatever he used for wrapper that day, though tasty, was fragile. So I wrapped one on CT shade, one in H2K, another in Corojo oscuro, another in Arapirica, and the last I think was in Capa Clara. Have not yet decided which I will use to re-wrap the rest of Willie's in. Solved the problem, tho.
Well I'm sorry to hear all the sticks are duds but glad you have the ability to save them. I hope the ones I sent out perform a little better for you.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well I'm sorry to hear all the sticks are duds but glad you have the ability to save them. I hope the ones I sent out perform a little better for you.
My dumb ... I threw them in with the others so now I mostly can't tell which is which. Other than the dark one and the one you labeled.
They're not duds. They're tasty. Just the wrappers blow apart. I think the humidibbity diff between here and Satan's armpit there may be too drastic.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My dumb ... I threw them in with the others so now I mostly can't tell which is which. Other than the dark one and the one you labeled.
They're not duds. They're tasty. Just the wrappers blow apart. I think the humidibbity diff between here and Satan's armpit there may be too drastic.
Take a look at the caps. The ones I roll should have a flag and cap. Most of the sticks Willy rolls have the cap as part of the wrapper with no separate cap. Hope that helps