What's new

Renting an RV?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A few friends and I have been talking about taking a trip from Dallas out to Big Bend National Park sometime this summer or early fall. We've been brainstorming a few ideas and I suggested maybe renting an RV. Any of you guys ever have any experience renting an RV or even with your own RV? What should I look for? Tips? Suggestions?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Looks like we can rent one for 3 days for around $1000 with the mileage we are looking at doing.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
A few friends and I have been talking about taking a trip from Dallas out to Big Bend National Park sometime this summer or early fall. We've been brainstorming a few ideas and I suggested maybe renting an RV. Any of you guys ever have any experience renting an RV or even with your own RV? What should I look for? Tips? Suggestions?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Looks like we can rent one for 3 days for around $1000 with the mileage we are looking at doing.
Talk to @pete hanford and @8ball -- both of whom are in the know on RVs or camping!

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Theres a web site its 1800rent a r v or something like that I've seen some on the highway try a google search might have some luck. The places near me that sell em also rent em out. If you have a dealer near you give em a call

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I would try n see if there a camping world near you . they sometime rent out campers . the 1800 rv is another one. Mostbof the rv dealers I deal with don't do it anymore . Hope that helps

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I would try n see if there a camping world near you . they sometime rent out campers . the 1800 rv is another one. Mostbof the rv dealers I deal with don't do it anymore . Hope that helps
Thanks Pete. I'll take a look at the 1800 RV. Anything I should look for the make the trip a little more enjoyable. We are probably looking for 2/3 days.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
lots of beer and smokes...lol tho some places dont allow smoking in them. make sure they go over everything with you. just dont throw you into one and thats it. there is never a dumb question. hopefully a newer rv will be good to go. most of the 1800 rv are ones that you drive, they are nice, i have seen lots of them on the road

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
If you are not used to driving one, I'd suggest a class c over class a. Also, they can be tricky to manuever, so look for a pull through site. If you plan on using the toilet, get a site with sewer, but if it's just late night bathroom usage, you'll be fine without sewer. The Grey tank (faucets) only hold so much so we usually fill up a bucket and wash plates and stuff outside.