What's new

Rescuing a Cigar Platoon!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Alright fellow BOTLs, I've got a slight situation here. Basically, I've picked this ammo can filled with cigars at a yard sale, the seller said they were in house the entire time but forgot all about them. Is he telling the truth? I don't care, as I got the can for cheap. The issue? They seem to be dried to hell. Now, I was wondering is there a possible chance of saving them?

The lot looks like there a bit of dried mold on a few sticks, no holes, but some cracked wrappers. Check out the photos:

I'm thinking of freezing then into a sealed Tupperware with Boveda for a long time, with stick rotation throughout.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks like a project. If they don't come back to life after you humidify them and you decide to toss them you can do some experimenting. Store some with coffee beans, spritz a few with some cognac or bourbon. If they are as dried out as you think, they may pick up new flavors well. What have you got to lose?
Probably a stupid idea but if I had them it would be a learning experience for me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Defiantly try to re-humidify them. My only suggestion is to do it slowly and patiently.
Unfortunately, I've got to say that while I'm a big fan of CC's, I've tried the Belindas and they are not a good cigar. They are short filler and I didn't like the flavor, even with a fresh stick.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Defiantly try to re-humidify them. My only suggestion is to do it slowly and patiently.
Unfortunately, I've got to say that while I'm a big fan of CC's, I've tried the Belindas and they are not a good cigar. They are short filler and I didn't like the flavor, even with a fresh stick.
I don't think they are Cuban Belindas. The bottom sticker says they were made in Honduras.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't think they are Cuban Belindas. The bottom sticker says they were made in Honduras.
Yeah, you're right. I didn't notice that. I only saw the big "Cuban Coronas" on the box. I wonder why a company would use the same name as a low quality brand from Cuba. It's not like they are Cohibas.

I've read that cigars can take 1 week for every 1% change in RH. I don't know if that is true but it could give you a guideline as to how long it might take to get them to smoking RH.

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can rehydrate them but in my experiences they won't smoke and taste as good as if they were kept up. You may be able to revive them into smoke able condition but I wouldn't expect them to taste burn or smell near as good as ones that were kept properlh.
Never hurts to try and I never let a dry stick come between me and smoking it. It may take a while to get me up to smoke worthy so be patient and good luck!

MrZ

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
JMHO....depending how long they have been out of a good environment of RH...they probably have lost their essential oils and when they are gone....they aren't coming back. You can rehydrate them but it's the oils that give cigars their taste. Belindas are pretty much a cigar of mediocre value...some love em but if you want to spend time to see if they can be resurrected...all it will cost you is time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would clean everything off. Then put a humi pack in there and leave them alone for a month. Pull one out and test it and repeat every 2 weeks after that.

Austinoir

The luckiest guy in Shawshank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. So what was the total number recovered in the ammo box? And the cost? If that no of my business, no worries.