FIRST THIRD
White pepper and a rich chocolate flavor
Burn line is razor sharp
Ash held on the entire time
Not a lot of smoke produced on the draw or while it burns

SECOND THIRD
Starting to really warm up and get active
Ash fell off half way through this third
White pepper is more prominent and the chocolate has shifted into more of a savory, salty taste. However, the chocolate notes are strong in the retrohale only and also produces a woodsy tone.

SIDE NOTE: if you do not know how to retrohale, ask @knw247 for tips - he wrote the book on it!

LAST THIRD
WOW... that pretty much sums it up!
The flavors from the second third really melded together and produced an unbelievably complex taste and aroma. There were not any new flavors introduced in the last third but it was the best third!

FINAL THOUGHTS
I think Scotch was not the right pairing for this cigar. I feel like coffee would have been better suited with the flavor profile.

The construction, as usual for an H. Upmann, was perfect - great draw and a great burn line.

I don't know that I've ever had a cigar mix these flavors together like this Connoisseur A did.

HIGHLY suggest you check this one out and also keep some in your humidor when you want a flavor bomb!

OVERALL RATING
To use a popular expression: it's the tits!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks for the review.

I bought a box of these with my sons birthday box code (January 14). I smoked the first one last Jan and it had the most painfully tight draw I have ever had. I am really hoping the rest of the box isn't the same. It wasn't worth the effort after the first 1/3 for me.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Thanks for the review.

I bought a box of these with my sons birthday box code (January 14). I smoked the first one last Jan and it had the most painfully tight draw I have ever had. I am really hoping the rest of the box isn't the same. It wasn't worth the effort after the first 1/3 for me.
Sorry to hear that and I hate when a tight draw happens!