What's new

Review: Padron delicias maduro aged 6 ~7 years

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
* Edit ive had this stick for so long o forgot what it was. Its a delicia maduro that is afaik about 7 years old.

I am smoking a padron 3000 that has been ageing for over 5 years. What impresses me about this cigar is that even after all these years; is still is full of flavour. I have read that if you age too long that the flavours will just die out. However at around 5 to 6 year mark I think that this has reached its Apex.

Initially you get hit with a lot of wood , coffee, Cocoa flavours. The smoke is very smooth and there's thick velvety smoke coming out of the cigar. There was also a moment of strong pepper coming through but that has passed at around the halfway mark.
Now i get predominantly cocoa and leather. Past the halfway mark him getting lots of cream and what I would describe as flavor that similar to almond butter. I sense that the Cocoa is gotten a bit sweeter.

Now at the last 3rd: beginning to get the earthiness of Nicaraguan tobacco. Still smoke is very smooth. That earthiness has really come into play (but in a very pleasant way) and the leather and the wood has gone to the background with just a hint of that nuttiness and Cocoa.

On the last quarter of the smoke the earthiness has really gone away and now the creaminess has retaken the lead with the pepper coming back.

Final thoughts: I do not know about the other lines but this line of cigars clearly to age well for up to 5 ~7 years. It is as good smoke I've had compared to my Cuban cigars. The construction Is flawless And the draws perfect. If would compare it to my Cuban cigars that has been ageing for about 5 years; it is just as good. It still has a good amount of nicotine and still full of flavour.

Sent from my SM-N986N using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Great review (y)

The Padron "1000 series" cigars are one of my favorite NC blends for this very reason. The ones I have had with some age on them are phenomenal!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review (y)

The Padron "1000 series" cigars are one of my favorite NC blends for this very reason. The ones I have had with some age on them are phenomenal!
I regret keeping it in the cellophane, if i could do it again i would take the cello off all the cigars and let the oils intermingle with each other... when i saw that brown cello, i thought that i wasted oils. Lol

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I regret keeping it in the cellophane, if i could do it again i would take the cello off all the cigars and let the oils intermingle with each other... when i saw that brown cello, i thought that i wasted oils. Lol

I have some 4000 and 5000 maduro from 2007 with no cello and they are great smokes....imho

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they even make delicias maduros anymore?lol
I remembered why i forgot about these for all these years. It was because they were harsh when i first got them. Much harsher than my normal 3/4000 . Thats why i just avoided them and forgot about them. I think the general consensus is right, if you have a powerhouse nc thats so potent its rough around the edges, aging will do it alot of good. That stick was packed with flavor but was smooth.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Do they even make delicias maduros anymore?lol
I remembered why i forgot about these for all these years. It was because they were harsh when i first got them. Much harsher than my normal 3/4000 . Thats why i juet avoided them and forgot about them. I think the general consensus is right, if you have a powerhouse nc thats so potent its rough around the edges, aging will do it alot of good. That stick was packed with flavor but was smooth.

Believe they still do but ever since MAP started being enforced in 2015, I haven’t bid on / bought a Padron. But thanks to your review, gonna revisit the remaining Delicias and Londres I still have. Used to get them for under $4 each on CBid...if I only knew then what I know now.... :banghead:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe they still do but ever since MAP started being enforced in 2015, I haven’t bid on / bought a Padron. But thanks to your review, gonna revisit the remaining Delicias and Londres I still have. Used to get them for under $4 each on CBid...if I only knew then what I know now.... :banghead:
Its still a powefull smoke. Honestly, imho if i had tried it a year or two ago it would have been harsh. Is it worth the time and effort to age it? . If one was on a budget and couldn't afford higher end brands.... perhaps?? Even then: the time, upkeep, the investment in coolador/tupperdor.... it wouldnt be worth it for me. However if one does have a large cigar stash and wants to do it as a intellectual exercise, why not?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Its still a powefull smoke. Honestly, imho if i had tried it a year or two ago it would have been harsh. Is it worth the time and effort to age it? . If one was on a budget and couldn't afford higher end brands.... perhaps?? Even then: the time, upkeep, the investment in coolador/tupperdor.... it wouldnt be worth it for me. However if one does have a large cigar stash and wants to do it as a intellectual exercise, why not?

A good amount of my cigars have been “accidentally“ aged / rested while I was going through the peak of my CAD so the expenses and time spent on keeping them properly stored weren’t ever factored in. Of course I’m very happy with the net results. :cigar:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good amount of my cigars have been “accidentally“ aged / rested while I was going through the peak of my CAD so the expenses and time spent on keeping them properly stored weren’t ever factored in. Of course I’m very happy with the net results. :cigar:
I am not as sophisticated as some of the other posters. I dont analyze and detect every flavor in a smoke lol . All i know is that when i let my cigars sit for a couple years they get smoother. Although i do have these cohiba robustos that are 4 yeara old and are totally hit or miss