What's new

Review: Perdomo Thundra Torch Lighter by Vector

Source

CBid Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Executive Summary: The Perdomo Thundra Torch Lighter by Vector is a tri-flame table-top lighter. I recently picked one up at CI for $29. This is the best lighter I have every purchased.

Pictures: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=M-NRLIT1&cat=13

Full Review: I've been searching for a good multi-flame, table-top lighter for some time now and had narrowed down my search to a few models. Last week while visiting CI in Bethlehem Pa, I noticed they had the Perdomo Thundra Torch Lighter by Vector on sale for $29 (regularly $79). So I snatched one up along with a few dozen sticks ;). I christened it in during poker night at my local B&M on Friday evening.

The short story is that everyone who used it said they needed to get one. With classy brushed steel looks and serious heft, you can tell this lighter means business. The adjustable tri-flame made lighting 20 cigars an effortless activity. The tank holds just about a whole bottle of butane, so I figure there's another 50 cigars or so left in it, give or take. The lid is mirrored on the inside to ensure a perfect light without turning the cigar around and looking.

Overall I believe this was $29 well spent.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Interesting. I tried snagging one on cbid, and have been eying those Alec Bradley bunsen burner type that has the huge soft flame. They are also available on cbid now.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I bought the regular Vector version from Mark. Mine is the brushed steel finish, same as yours. I love it...the lighter looks as good as it performs.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Perdomo had a smoker at our local B&M last week and you got one of these free with a box purchase. Something to watch for.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Perdomo had a smoker at our local B&M last week and you got one of these free with a box purchase. Something to watch for.
I was actually about to say that...

For you DFW peeps. I plan on making the Addison event.

Perdomo Cigars Tasting Event

Date: 04/17/2008
Time: 4:00pm&#8212;8:00pm

Date: 04/25/2008
Time: 4:00pm-8:00pm

Buy any box of Perdomo cigars and get 4 cigars and a Thundra Vector lighter.

Also, buy 3 get 1 Free on any Perdomo Cigars.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I compared this lighter to the Lotus I have, written up in last months CA. They are very similar is design. I have to wonder if it is the same maufacturer. Beautiful ighter. Holds a ton of fuel.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have one and use it for every light that i can. is an amazing lighter and i got it for free with a box purchase cant complain
Yup. My only criticism of it, which applies to all triple-flame lighters, is that touching up the burn ain't easy, what with all that intense fire shooting out. :assaultri

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
i agree its hard to do fine correcting but i also have a xikar single flame that i usually have with me so that works for touching up