What's new

Review Request

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm a relatively new cigar enthusiast. All I keep hearing about is how great the Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series is. Cigar Aficionado has a hard on for it and people I have talked to refer to it as the holy grail of non-habano cigars. Has anybody tried them, were they hard to come by and how much did you pay for them. I appreciate your wisdom and input.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These cigars are great for non-cubans. The 1924 series Is better, but more scarce. I would take CA ratings with a very small grain of salt. However, they do have this one right. Lastly, the 1964 series is not hard to come by. Just google it. Welcome.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
CA is to cigars as Playboy is to real women ... it's almost all fantasy. Padron makes some good cigars - mostly medium to full bodied. The 1964 and 1926 series are expensive though ... $7 to $20+ depending on size.

Best thing is to pick up a couple of their regular (ie. less expensive) lines. The 2000 and 3000 are both very good - especially with some age. If you enjoy these, then you'll probably like the rest.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
:welcome:

Padron Anniversaries have never done anything for me for some reason, and beleive me I have tried. The regular Padron line is enjoyable though.

Where I live the are semi-hard to find. I was in the Columbus, Ohio area over Thanksgiving and all four of the cigar shoppes I went into had shelves overflowing with them. :dunno:

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
PAM Millennium
52x6" box pressed

While attending my first herf last night, I decided to celebrate with my recently acquire PAM Millennium. Since they were made in 99’, it has had 5 years to “age” and the tobacco used to fill it was previously aged 5 years – that’s 10 years on the fill!

The color was like that of an aged maduro – it looked like faded black leather. The smell was characteristic of the PAM64’s with a nutty aroma that had a hint chocolate.

I can’t really comment on the construction, since I bought if from a brother on here and it came in horrible shape. The foot was busted up and there was a hunk of leaf missing below the cap – definitely didn’t occur during shipping. But being a PAM (my favorite N/C), I am positive construction would be impeccable, as I have never had one that wasn’t.

There was a plethora of flavors from beginning to end. There was the initial nuttiness wrapped in a wonderful creamy smoke.

Just before 1/3 mark, in came the cocoa and chocolate with a touch of espresso. This is how it stayed throughout the entire smoke, all wrapped in a creamy smoke the entire time. Definitely a nubber.

Very smooth, subtle and mellow.

Like I said, the PAM is my favorite N/C but for the money – neither the 1926 or the Millennium beat the 64’. I have smoked a 4 year old 1964 and it was very similar to the Millennium –

The Millenniums taste just like a 64’ but more subtle & muted flavors.

In summation, save your dough and stick with the 64’s. But if you have a chance to try one "on the cheap", then definitely go for it.

Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro
Size: Exclusivo 5.5" x 50 ring
Price: $10.20
Wrapper: Maduro
Total smoke time: approx 45-1 hour

This is one of my favorite cigars! It is a beautifully constructed box pressed maduro. Because it's a slightly narrow box, I used a punch instead of a cutter. The wrapper is medium dark in color and slightly oily.

The smell is great with hints of citrus, cocoa and a touch of leather.

I toasted the foot and from beginning to end, the burn was perfect.
The draw started out just a tiny bit tight but opened up after 2-3 draws.

1st Third
Sweet with lots of cocoa and a touch of leather wrapped in a creamy, creamy, creamy smoke.

2nd Third
Gets a little stronger. Still maintaining its creamy smoke, it became even chocolatier with hints of citrus and spice.

Final Third
I got more of the leather, a touch of pepper but it still maintained the sweet & creamy cocoa smoke.

One of the few that I smoke until my fingers burn.

In summation:
As always, the flavor was excellent and predictable.

I prefer this size and the next larger Diplomatico (7x50 $12.40)
I have never had one, in any size, that I didn't like but the tend to be pricey sometimes so look for an authorized retailer. PM if you think you are getting ripped.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
:welcome: Nice avatar! :lol: These are wonderful cigars if you are a maduro fan. I've enjoyed each one I've had. They tend to be quite pricey though...don't think I've payed less than $10 for the ones I've bought.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them, but I don't think they are as great as CA says they are. I don't think they are that much better than their regular line. Mostly marketing. They are a good cigar though. I agree with both Tedski and Wasch