What's new

Review this leaf

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Jalapa '98 Criollo...this should be on the sweeter side rather than the "stronger side". That said, I couldn't find on that site what priming this is from, Ligero, seco, or viso- which will dictate the burn characteristics.

Is it tasty? Absolutely.

Edit: Since it's being sold as a binder this is probably seco or viso- and was meant to be wrapper but is likely not wrapper quality, which is why it's being sold as binder instead. Should have solid burn characteristics with an above average aroma.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they had this last I ordered a pound and it was by far the tastiest binder they did. Not sure what it will be like, it seems the quality varies greatly.....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How bout you, Bliss? I know you're presently running an all Jorge house. I've been binding Jorge viso, seco, ligero in PA broad, then wrapping in CT shade, To my taste, it needs something. You think binding in Nic instead of PA would jazz up a Jorge 2,1,1/2 in the right direction?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
1.5,.5,1 ("1551") or 111.

If you can't fill a robusto with <3.5, then perhaps try to keep the same percentages? I can't speak to other binders; I only use the Jorge ones (which seem to be Ecuador Habano, and of which there are two different kinds of leaf in each batch, depending on one's fortunes; thick-dark, and thin-light).

I have put PA BL under CT shade before; remember the photo I posted on FTT of those sticks "showing their frilly undergarments"? They didn't work for me, but the visual effect was fun.

Last edited: