What's new

rh distribution

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
along with a couple other guys on botl, i bought a discount Savoy 100ct humi from holts. i purchased some boveda seasoning packs and a 4oz tube of 65% beads and after 2 weeks of seasoning the humi, i placed the beads in it for a week (without the packs) i had my digital hygro (wich i calibrated and found 3 pts low) on the top removable shelf and it read a constant 60%. (actually 63%) i loaded the humi with 50 smokes. about 30 or so on the top removable shelf, and the rest in the chest. and for looks, put the hygro in the bottom chest. when i looked at it today, the hygro read 75% (still in the bottom)

does a humidor of this size need a fan??? why should the bottom read 75 while the top read 63???? the beads are in the bottom and when i put them in, they were about 50/50 clear to white. any suggestions???

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the seasoning packs are set at 84% humidity, so i would expect the humidity to be on the high side at first. The tube of beads should bring it back down. There is a chance that the tube has sucked up all the moisture that it can. try using a blow dryer on the beads to dry them out a bit. The tray in a desktop can cut off the transfer of humidity quite a bit. Why not use a combo of the 65% beads and a couple of 65% BOvedas. The bovedas can go anywhere in the humidor, and can be laid right on top of the cigars. Also, if you are using the beads, the Bovedas should last quite a bit longer than if you just used them by themselves.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Humidipak claims 3 months on average. could be more in a tight sealing humidor, less in a leaker. If you are using beads too, the Boveda should last longer.