What's new

Ribs....just ribs

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Started the smoker again today. Two racks of baby backs went on at 2 and should be off around 6. Salt, fresh cracked pepper, and some dried habanero powder (3 kinds) was what my rub consisted of this time. Fire is kingsford mesquite coals and a log of dried mesquite wood. No brainer super easy keeping the smoke box side at 250 with the exhaust at the smoke stack wide open as well as the air intake in the firebox....it really is a set and forget smoker. Using the ss bowl of water in the smoker chamber again, I don't know if it helps or not but the last time I did it it worked out. More pix to come when I wrap them in an hour :).

Ps hope yall aren't bored of BBQ pix and or posts...

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Temporarily living in an apartment. Had to get rid of my charcoal grill with side fire box I had been using for 8 years. I really miss the all day tending to the smoker, having some beers and a cigar. Smoking meat was an event. So I love seeing these pics.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well, at the half way point in the cook now. Been feeding the fire box a few coals every 1/2 hour and just threw on another log. I cook my ribs with the meat side down, don't know why it just works for me. Smoker temp is steady at 250. I have cooked them up to 300 before but that just takes more effort with the firebox, and I a, a lazy smoker lol.

Here they are after two hours.

I put some jamacian jerk rub on the closest rack in this pict ( hard to tell as it doesn't take a lot)

Here they are all tented up for the rest of the cook. I put some vinegar based sauce and sweet tea in the tents to help them stay moist. Two more hours to go!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well, at the half way point in the cook now. Been feeding the fire box a few coals every 1/2 hour and just threw on another log. I cook my ribs with the meat side down, don't know why it just works for me. Smoker temp is steady at 250. I have cooked them up to 300 before but that just takes more effort with the firebox, and I a, a lazy smoker lol.

Here they are after two hours.

I put some jamacian jerk rub on the closest rack in this pict ( hard to tell as it doesn't take a lot)

Here they are all tented up for the rest of the cook. I put some vinegar based sauce and sweet tea in the tents to help them stay moist. Two more hours to go!

What's with the poor lonely sausage? Half way point snack?

Ribs look great!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Lol yup snack! Threw on a few drum sticks for the kiddo as well....cooked them on the firebox

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
All done.

Top of rack one

Top of rack two

Both racks looked like this flipped. Passed the bone rotation test, so you will still have to bit them but they won't fall off while doing so.

Drumsticks for the kiddo cooked in the firebox

Some cut rib pictures to come after I let them rest :)

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
My neighbor does this just about every damn weekend and it still doesn't get old, great job man. I've done a few set of racks in my Big Green Egg and they've turned out great.