What's new

Rides that got away

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Anybody have that ride that got away and you regret it?

Been thinking about a 78 Cutlass that I got when I was 16 and got rid of for some other money pit. Fast forward to this week and 2 older Cuts are for sale. Ones a 69 442 that needs complete resto and a 72 is really good condition and could be a driver/project.

Is there that project ride out there you wouldn't think twice about getting?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had plenty of vehicles, too many to list for sure. However a few have gotten away over time and I do regret letting some of them go. Most notably

2002 Blazer Xtreme, 5 speed, front air ride, shaved doors, 20/22s, etc etc. I had a ton of fun in this thing and have a lot of memories. I know where it’s at and currently am trying to hound the owner into selling it back.

The next was my 93 GMC Typhoon. I loved tinkering with this thing. It was higher mileage, but pretty clean. The best (most fun) winter beater I’ve had to date. She met her demise one day after working 7days/wk 12+hrs/day, for a few months straight. Fell asleep, and that was that. This pic is actually from a friend of mine who fixed it up after the wreck, but you get the idea.

iam6884

Layne
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My dad got me a '74 International Scout II with only 50K miles for my 15th birthday. We spent the entire year restoring it after it had set outside a cabin for 25 years in Angel Fire, NM. I was a dumbass high school student that though I just had to drive a pickup and my dad let me sell the Scout for one. He and I regret the hell out of letting that workhorse go. That year with my dad was full of the best memories we share together.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I wish I kept old blue. this was when we got her back from paint my senior year in high school (1990). We were installing the wood bed this day. I did all the body work in my auto body class. Kept her for 5 years and sold it so that we could buy a family car for the wife. Sad thing is I know where its at and the guy wont sell it. Its rotting away behind his house. He plans to get to it one day......

blue side view.jpg