What's new

RIP James Gandolfini, Dead at 51

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
As an avid Sopranos fan, I will miss him immensely for his talent and screen presence.

::::::::::

James Gandolfini -- who famously played Tony Soprano on "The Sopranos" -- died earlier today in Italy ... TMZ has learned.

Gandolfini is believed to have suffered a heart attack. He was 51.

Gandolfini was in Italy to attend the 59th Taormina Film Festival in Sicily -- and he was scheduled to participate in a festival event this weekend with Italian director Gabriele Muccino.

Gandolfini shot to fame playing a hitman in the 1993 hit "True Romance" ... and quickly became a Hollywood legend when he was cast as Tony Soprano in 1999. He won 3 Emmy awards for the role during the show's 6 season run.

Gandolfini also appeared in a ton of huge movies including "Get Shorty," "The Mexican" and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/19/james-gandolfini-dead-dies-italy/#ixzz2Wi6ma1mm

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Wow a legend has sadly passed. Loved the Sopranos and pretty much every single movie he ever did.

You will never be forgotten.

R.I.P James

Sent from my Tapatalk 2 using iPhone. Bahahahaha ass backwards.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Great cigar icon. And one of the greatest tv roles ever. Shit, that sucks.

-Jared

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Man...hate to see this. Loved him as Tony and all his other roles too. Looks like he just had a baby as well. Sad.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My wife told me earlier and I just about fell over. The Sopranos was/is one of my favorite series of all time and much of that is due to James Gandolfini.

RIP James....