What's new

Road Trip!! El Paso to Chula Vista

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Unspecified Bunker in El Paso - status: vagabond
I'm starting my first of many road trips for the year. This one is from my current location to Chula Vista, CA (San Diego for those unfamiliar)

I'm going out for my cousins high school graduation June 2nd. I'm likely going to be there a week or so. Anybody have any recommendations on a lounge I must visit, or a herf being planned?

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
While I'l be in the Bay Area during most of that time, though in town on the 2nd, we tend to enjoy smoking at an Irish Pub not too far from Downtown, Shakespeare's Irish Pub, and have a few select B&M's of preference which includes Churhills in Old Town and Miramar, as well as Racine & Laramie in Old Town - which is worth dropping into just to check out their set up and thematical decor. It's also a short walking distance, from Churchills in Old Town.

Every so often, @sean @oside and a handfull of others get together for herfs, but there is not one currently planned for that week.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
While I'l be in the Bay Area during most of that time, though in town on the 2nd, we tend to enjoy smoking at an Irish Pub not too far from Downtown, Shakespeare's Irish Pub, and have a few select B&M's of preference which includes Churhills in Old Town and Miramar, as well as Racine & Laramie in Old Town - which is worth dropping into just to check out their set up and thematical decor. It's also a short walking distance, from Churchills in Old Town.

Every so often, @sean @oside and a handfull of others get together for herfs, but there is not one currently planned for that week.
Kev's right... well, except for the part about Shakespeare's being Irish.

My backyard is also open to any and all BOTL, so there is always that. Let me know if any one night looks good to you, and we can meet-up. Chula Vista is only about 15-20 minutes from my place.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sean it's right - and as a shopper at their british goods store too, I should've known better - we just also happened to have regularly had a fantastic irish hostess/waitress that influenced my comenting logic for a short bit.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Kev's right... well, except for the part about Shakespeare's being Irish.

My backyard is also open to any and all BOTL, so there is always that. Let me know if any one night looks good to you, and we can meet-up. Chula Vista is only about 15-20 minutes from my place.
Thank you for the invite @sean I may take you up on the offer if I can get an evening escape while I'm there. So, Shakespeare's is a Brit Pub? Someone please tell me they have Old Speckled Hen on tap. Mmm, I love that stuff.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A couple of places...downtown San Diego in the Gaslamp District...there are a few cigar places and Liberty Tobacco a bit further north ...Google the address. Now, if you don't know about great places to eat let me suggest Las Quatros Milpas...GREAT FOOD and very inexpensive and some of the best Mexican Food ever.....1857 Logan Avenue, San Diego, CA 92113 which is in the Barrio right off the Coronado Bridge...you won't be disappointed but you'd better get there early cuz there's a line around the block.

Next item is burgers...In & Out....animal style. Eat as many as you can until you get sick of them.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I live in Chula Vista (Eastlake/Otay Ranch to be exact) and could probably break away one evening for a herf. All of the above suggestions are great choices. There is a pretty cool place off of Rosecrans Ave (I think it's Habanos house, or something like that). They have a pretty good selection of smokes, serve craft beers and wine, and have a pretty laid back lounge area. Just another option. And be ready for sticker shock at most B&Ms here.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I live in Chula Vista (Eastlake/Otay Ranch to be exact) and could probably break away one evening for a herf. All of the above suggestions are great choices. There is a pretty cool place off of Rosecrans Ave (I think it's Habanos house, or something like that). They have a pretty good selection of smokes, serve craft beers and wine, and have a pretty laid back lounge area. Just another option. And be ready for sticker shock at most B&Ms here.
Southern California herf.. Count me in!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You live right where they do, you might as well be neighbors. My cousin is graduating from Eastlake high. They're on Granite Springs if I recall correctly.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I have A LOT of family in the eastlake area. That area is growing fast! I'm down to meet up if for a herf. Have a safe trip.