What's new

Rogue Debt Collectors

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Saw this the other day. Just another legal scam by a bunch of sleaze balls. My bet, you track the career paths of most of the guys doing the calling on this and you'll find a long list of sketchy, slime-ball type jobs.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I send this article to any of my clients that are having issues. best way to deal with that stuff is to say "Put that in writing please" better yet we've had some clients record these calls, sue for violations of thier rights, use thier winnings to pay the negotiated settlements to the original creditors. The collector has to pay 10k to have us negotiate with the original creditor and the collectro get nothing.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Every call and conversation that our collectors make is recorded digitally with knowledge of the deadbeat. You know it is kind of interesting how many times the "rogue" collection agent said no such thing upon replay. If you don't want collection calls, dont overextend and pay your bills. If legitimately cant pay, call the bank and make a payment schedule and stick to it. Communication and honoring commitments will get you through. Just remember that you already made a promise that you have broken so you are dealing from a position of distrust to begin with.