What's new

Roman Allones Ultimo

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Roman Allones Ultimo

I have had this cigar sitting in my humidor for quite awhile, being a creature of habit I have to be in a certain mood to try something new. The cellophane had yellowed, hinting that this cigar had been waiting quite some time to be smoked. Today I branched out and tried this Dominican made Ramon Allones.

This cigar had been well constructed, but not the prettiest wrapper that I have seen. It cut well though and did not fall apart. It burned well also not requiring any touch ups. The draw was nice and easy, so far the only thing ugly about the cigar was the wrapper.

This wrapper was either a dark natural wrapper or a lighter shade maduro that had a wonderful spicy flavor to it. I believe this is what gave it the nice bite to the flavor profile. This cigar comes wrapped in cedar and was the most dominate flavor in the cigar and was constant up until the end. The cigar also had creamy undertones with hints of vanilla that complimented nicely the bold spiciness of the cedar. I spent about 2 hours smoking this wonderful cigar and it was time well spent.

One thing running this website has done is force me to try new cigars so I can review them and I have enjoyed this tremendously. I have found another cigar that I would not mind having a few of on hand in the Ultimo. Next time I will probably remove the cedar wrapper and let the cigar sit awhile to see if I can identify some of the other flavors the cedar may have hidden.

I give this cigar a rating of 6 out of 10.