What's new

Romeo y Juletta Edicion Limitada Exebicion No. 2

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
The cigar was well constructed, and burned extremely evenly. Anytime the it burned the slightest bit unevenly it corrected itself without fail. On second thought, I shouldn't of lighted it as I usually light my cigars with cedar, as the cedar went with the flavor of the cigar as well as pickles and ice cream do.
While some of the wrappers of the Edicion Limitada cigars of the first release have proven to be flame-retardant, this cigar's thin, dark and oily wrapper was easily sundered to the flame. Puzzlelingly, it left an extremely white, snow-white ash, that held on extremely well. The flavors were interesting, to say the least. It was, as advertized by the European Cigar-Cult Journal, "...a cigar not for the beginner," not for its power, as that can only be stated as being medium in strength, but for its nuances. Bittersweet chocolated dominated the beginning of the cigar, eventually transferring over to full flavors of nuts, and Cuban tobacco. It tasted nothing like any other Cuban i have ever had, with the predominating taste of nuts that it had. Had it not been for that contigent of flavor of the tart Cuban twang that sprung up in the end, one might, given the sheet-white ash and nutty taste, on the initial first puffs had believed that this was a Nicuraguran cigar, although an odd-tasting one at that. The only drawback for this cigar was its firm draw, which probably was exacerbated by shape that the box press gave it. The finish it leaves is pleasant, and it is not something that would have as a post-requsite the use of Listerine.