What's new

Romeo y Julieta Petit Piramide EL 2005

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Romeo y Julieta Petit Piramide EL 2005

I smoked this one right OTT.

Please be aware that despite this 'cute' size piramide, the first 1/2 inch is surprisingly strong. The next two or three inches are very reminiscent of the RyJ Robusto EL 2001 in taste of chocolate. The last inch or two, the cigar became very creamy and very coffee like. The finish did not get overly hot at all. This is an oily cigar that required two good purges. Totally running time at a decently conservative drawing speed was 45 minutes. Nubbed it and absolutely loved it.

Few extra notes:

The draw was very very good. I would suggest cutting less of the head of this cigar than you would any other piramide or torpedo.

The size of a smaller piramide took a few minutes to get used to when holding it.

It could be the fact that this was smoked OTT but this habano didn't have much twang. I'm not overly experienced with the RyJ line and it's twanginess and it could be that I smoke 99% habanos now and can't decipher.

This cigar had me captured and held my attention from the very first puff to the very last draw. Very few cigars off the truck have impressed me but this is one of them.

I can see the RyJ PP EL becoming about or even better than how the RyJ Robustos are smoking now in as little as a year to two years.

Only downside is the petite size; but it is/going to be a sought after cigar after these are gone from the public market.

Score: 9.25/10

Highest recommendation

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Dang it. Why ya gotta do this to me, huh? Your supposed to post that they Suck so I'm not tempted! :rofl:

Sounds wonderful.. I'm a big RyJ fan so may just have to get some.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Dang it. Why ya gotta do this to me, huh? Your supposed to post that they Suck so I'm not tempted! :rofl:
Actually, that's a good idea so that there will be more for me :wink:

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
"The next two or three inches are very reminiscent of the RyJ Robusto EL 2001 in taste of chocolate. "

I'll admit that this statement excited me so much, I may have peed just a little.

oh, and the fact that I just cracked a gorgeous box of these 10 minutes ago had something to do with that.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, I was going to wait, but instead, I think I just picked one of my weekend smokes.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I second everything Vipe said. And I thought as I finished it up that there was kind of a creamy butter flavor to it. That may sound weird but as the cigar burned down to the nub, It was almost like I was smelling (and tasting) movie theater popcorn or something. Weird but yummy.