What's new

Romeo Y Julietta Reserve Maduro

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Romeo Y Julietta Reserve Maduro

Last night I pulled the RyJ Reserve Maduro Lonsdale out of the humidor. The constructions of this cigar is wonderful, The wrapper is a beautiful dark maduro that has a nice spicy taste to it and the draw was perfect. No problems so far.

After lighting it I noticed the strong peppery spice that hung on throughout the entire cigar. I couldn't really pick out any other flavors until about half way when the cigar started to sweeten up a bit. This is about the time the I really started to notice a pretty hard buzz coming on. I took this cigar down to the last third before having to call it quits. Just a bit too much nicotine in this cigar especially on a not so full stomach.

This isn't a bad cigar but seemed kind of one dimensional. I could not really pick out any other flavors except for the pepper. Also I think this cigar is a bit on the strong side so I suggest you smoke this cigar after a nice meal. Still an enjoyable cigar, I give it 6 out of 10.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I liked the first one I tried a couple months ago, but my palate is still developing. I have another lying around (smaller than the lonsdale though) and I'll have to give it a try. Don't remember the Robusto being overly strong with nicotine though...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Crazy, can you post what you received somewhere? I'd be curious to know what they are sending now. Or you can feel free to PM. Thanks.