What's new

Ronson Tech Torch (Micro Torch) Review

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What: Ronson Tech Torch (Micro Torch)
Price: $~29
Place: Wal-Mart

I picked it up at my local Wal-Mart near the plumbing/lighting section.

I filled it up with some Vector butane. I didn't bother using the Ronson butane it came with. The tank holds over 20g of fuel. So this bastard will last a long time between refills.

It's a well built torch. It fires up every time. It has a flame adjuster and a heat adjuster. It also has a button to lock the trigger once you fire.

It also comes with the instructional manual and 2 soldering tips.

The only gripes I have about it is that the trigger is short & smooth. I wish it was longer and textured to provide better grip.

Verdict:

I've had it for over a year and it's still kicking ass :thumbsup:. If it's anything like its little brother, it should be a very reliable piece of equipment. It's priced in the same price range as most micro torches online and on cigar websites ($20-$30 range).

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like the soft flame,,,bet it would last a couple of years with a full tank and just using the soft flame approach. Methinks I might have to get one.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
whynot use the included fuel? I have used the Ronson fuel from walmart without any issues. Thing looks mean though :thumbsup: what are the dimensions? (careful wording here LOL)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whynot use the included fuel? I have used the Ronson fuel from walmart without any issues. Thing looks mean though :thumbsup: what are the dimensions? (careful wording here LOL)

Nothing wrong with the Ronson. I just have a huge bottle of Vector butane.

I don't know the exact dimensions, but I've included pics of the torch in hand for comparison.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Ronson Tech Torch and lost the set screw in the flame adjustment and I can't find anywhere that lists what size or type it is any help?