What's new

Ronson Torch Lighters

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Wow I really like that look. I could always use a good torch when I don't want to take my extend out.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
its a nice lighter. I am using the Ronson fuel and its working fine. with a better quality fuel, its going to be even better.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
RonC said:
excellent lighters at a great price. Now available at CigarSolutions.com .
COOL! And you're not kidding about the price! :eyequiver I just sent you an order for one with the satin dusk embossed finish. You can never have too many lighters, right? :eyebrow:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Man, you guys must be like women with shoes, can never have enough :rofl:

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine just arrived, and I obviously haven't had time to put it through any kind of testing, but first impresions are EXCELLENT! I got the Satin Dusk Embossed finished, and it looks and feels like a $50 lighter. It's cheaper than my Tiger lighters, but looks and feels much more expensive. As the ad/marketing type folks would say, it has a much higher "perceived value" than its actual cost.

I tried the flame, and it popped right up the first time. I'll put it through its paces on a few sticks and let you know how it holds up. For me, the acid tests for any lighter are how hard it is to fill and how it works after a refill.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
these lighters come prefilled with Ronson fuel. The Ronson fuel is much less refined that what we typically use in our expensive lighters. so far, my ronson lighters have been performing great even with the Ronson fuel.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For all you young whippersnappers: back in the days when butane lighters were a new invention, Ronson was the industry leader and generally considered the Cadillac of lighters (and in those days, that was a compliment!).

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More on the perceived value of these Ronsons: I showed it to my son last night and asked him how much he thought it sold for. He is 27 and beyond the newbie stage as a cigar smoker. He looked at it, worked it, hefted it, and said $30-40. Couldn't believe him when I told him it was 4 bucks!