What's new

Rotate or Not???

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I'm sure this question has been asked but here goes again.

I have an Aristocrat cabinet and have been considering rotating my boxes. I generally try to group them by size/brand. As of lately I haven't been doing such a great job. I'm considering rotating to get better airflow more than anything else. I would love to hear feedback from the group on how they manage storage in their cabinets. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to doing so? Etc.

Thanks

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Luckily I learned years ago there’s no need to be so anal about cigar storage. So no, I don’t worry about the stock in my aristocrat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I learned this from guys like this...And once you realize that they are pretty resilient (think about what they go through before you even receive them), then you stop worrying about the little swings or differences in the humi.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you have an itch ... scratch it, it won't hurt anything and if you have different temperatures and humidity areas it may be a pretty good idea. If it's inconvenient then let them be

Sometimes I just like going through my humidors!

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I monitor the RH on all three shelves. Singles drawer not so much. I've noticed that one shelf generally runs a bit higher than the other two. Circulation seems to be pretty even but cant figure out why one shelf is a few percent higher so I thought about rotating to see if that would level everything out.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I monitor the RH on all three shelves. Singles drawer not so much. I've noticed that one shelf generally runs a bit higher than the other two. Circulation seems to be pretty even but cant figure out why one shelf is a few percent higher so I thought about rotating to see if that would level everything out.
I would not worry too much. My top shelf is 60f/60% and my bottom shelf is 62F/63%. Cigars are pretty dang resilient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I believe there are two kinds of cigar aficionados. One loves the hobby and wants to be involved on a daily basis. These are the ones who rotate. The other kind also loves the hobby but is not interested in being involved on a daily basis. These are the ones who check the RH every few weeks and never worry about +/- a few degrees of RH.

I fall into the latter category. I love everything about cigars but I don't believe I have to rotate my stash to achieve great smokes. Both personality types are correct. It's just what suits your style.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I believe there are two kinds of cigar aficionados. One loves the hobby and wants to be involved on a daily basis. These are the ones who rotate. The other kind also loves the hobby but is not interested in being involved on a daily basis. These are the ones who check the RH every few weeks and never worry about +/- a few degrees of RH.

I fall into the latter category. I love everything about cigars but I don't believe I have to rotate my stash to achieve great smokes. Both personality types are correct. It's just what suits your style.
I totally agree with @Bruce T. and I fall into both categories. There are days when I am bored and I enjoy going through my stash, organizing and just seeing what’s in there. Other days I don’t have time to scratch my ass much less sit in the floor playing with my cigars. However, I’m not one to worry about a couple degrees swing in temp or a couple percentage points of RH. When I first started keeping a humidor and coolidor I would check the temp and RH several times a day and log it into a notebook, that got old real quick. I realized, thanks to the brothers here, it’s just more relaxing to enjoy the hobby and not stress over the little things. Take care.

Jody

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought it better to just pose this question here rather than start a new thread. Is rotation in a wineador necessary? In my Newair I currently have 3 hygrometers with a difference of 3% between them the lowest one being in the tray on the bottom where I store my CC’s and anything not in cello. The RH in this tray is 63%. I figured maybe a couple times a year I’d swap the drawers and move my boxed items around. Do you think the tray on the bottom is fine where it is?

upload_2019-1-16_17-41-37.jpeg

Rating - 100%
27   0   0

I agree with @Bruce T. I used to be neurotic about rotating, checking the ph daily and then it dawned on me, “they’re just leaves”. How much difference does 1 or 2 % changes in humidity really make. Not much in my opinion but to each his own. Do what makes you happy.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with @Bruce T. I used to be neurotic about rotating, checking the ph daily and then it dawned on me, “they’re just leaves”. How much difference does 1 or 2 % changes in humidity really make. Not much in my opinion but to each his own. Do what makes you happy.
My thought as well but being somewhat new I guess I was just looking for confirmation. Thanks.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good thread
All Hobbys have different personalities and different ways of doing things