What's new

Rubber Pipe Bits....

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
sometimes I have to lube them up with spit so they'll stretch over. Its not always easy/possible either... I've heard of people using clear tubing as well, like the stuff you use for brewing... something food grad I'd expect.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
sometimes I have to lube them up with spit so they'll stretch over. Its not always easy/possible either... I've heard of people using clear tubing as well, like the stuff you use for brewing... something food grad I'd expect.
Yeah, I have a few that are just too wide. tried everything to get them on

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
P&C does carry pipe bits that are wider than those. I needed to get some for a few of my pipes.

I'm assuming smoking pipes only sells those smaller ones???

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have some pretty wide bits. One in particular was a stretch but it went on finally. The tobacconist at the B&M I used to work for, who had smoked pipes for many many years, advised me to but a small drop of olive oil on the bit and smear it around prior to putting on the rubber piece. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It's really pissing me off because I saw someone explain how they used some sort of clear tubing from home cheapo as pipe bits which were more sturdy and last a lot longer over these pipe bits. I notice over time from use they all start to "dry rot" so to speak. I swore I was watching someone's youtube video about them......

Question- why do you all use these? just curious
For me, so I don't damage the stems of my pipes. I made the mistake of somewhat ruining the stem of my first briar pipe, my Savinelli. From that point on, I put one on every pipe I own now. And I have to live with seeing teeth marks in the stem. For my big mouth, it's a lot easier to clench.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They make different sizes. I keep both on hand. The regular size can be stretched over a wide stem but it's a pain. Word of advice - Always remove the stem before putting on or taking off one of these. If you leave the stem on eventually you will snap it off like I did and I've seen others do.

I tend to chew on my stems so these help protect the stem and my teeth. I try to not do that but when I'm relaxing and really enjoying my pipe and letting my worries go I sometimes forget.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Everyone has their preferences - Im pretty hard on my stems when clenching, so these are necessary for me. I do prefer the feel without them, but my stems would get destroyed in a short amount of time
Appreciate the input guys!