What's new

Rum lovers

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not sure if this has been posted before - anyone hear of the new rum from Havana Club? Its on the top of my shopping list for my next trip to Cuba.

Quote(Dec 6, 2004):

The company Havana Club International presented Cuban Barrel Proof, a new member of the select family of Cuban rums.

The new product, which is bottled directly from oak casks, without being purified or diluted, was created by Maestro José Navarro, who obtained that rum of incredible flavor, color and brilliance.

The rum leaves a pleasant aftertaste due to its 45 degrees of alcohol, and has a mixed flavor of cocoa and coffee.

According to experts, Cuban Barrel Proof won the gold medal with "Exceptional" Mention at a contest in Chicago (the International Review of Spirits 2004, B.T.I.), in which the world's 56 best rums participated.

Havana Club's line of rum includes Silver Dry, 3 Year Old, Aged Gold, Special Aged, 7 Year Old, Cuban Barrel Proof, 15 Year Old and San Cristóbal de La Habana.

Experts said that the new brand resulted from cooperation between Corporación CubaRon and the French group Pernod Ricard.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Shiiiiiit. Nice man. I will look for some of that in March when I go back down to Cozumel. Nice picture

mikes

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mikes said:
Shiiiiiit. Nice man. I will look for some of that in March when I go back down to Cozumel. Nice picture

mikes

FYI

"The HC barrel proof is only available at duty free and the only non-duty free location is apparently at the rum museum in Havana"

Of course that could change by March!