What's new

Running Shoes

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
What do you run in? What are your likes/dislikes of what you're currently wearing? What kind of running do you do? What are you looking forward to using next?

I myself am looking for a new pair. Looking at Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged , Adidas Supernova Glide 8 & Nike Free RN Motion Klyknit. I usually don't run more than 10K and mostly run between 5-8K . I currently wear semi minimalist Asics Gel Speedstar 3 which I liked so much I stocked up on while they were still around.

Sent from my 2nd Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I need a new pair. Have some beat up Under Armor sneakers I need to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For years I wore the Mizuno Wave Rider until they changed the fit last year. Now I'm wearing Asics Gel Cumulus 16. I don't run as much as I used to do to being in my mid 40's and my body just not liking it anymore. I do cardio 5 days a week and it is more interval training. Walk/run/jog mixing it up. I never go below 4 mph or faster than 7 mph using an incline up to 10 at times. I go based on my heart rate being in the target zone for 30 minutes to an hour depending on the day. I also use a treadmill as well as go outside depending on the weather.

I'm coming do for a new pair so I'm interested in what other people are wearing also.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I mean, I get the runs occasionally - every 4 months or so - but I try not to do it in anything. Shoes don't really matter at that point, just wish I had some ice cream at the time because it makes things raw. Hot runs are the worst though, I call them bobcats because your butthole burns so bad that it feels like a bobcat reached up and just violated your sphincter shoot.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
For years I wore the Mizuno Wave Rider until they changed the fit last year. Now I'm wearing Asics Gel Cumulus 16. I don't run as much as I used to do to being in my mid 40's and my body just not liking it anymore. I do cardio 5 days a week and it is more interval training. Walk/run/jog mixing it up. I never go below 4 mph or faster than 7 mph using an incline up to 10 at times. I go based on my heart rate being in the target zone for 30 minutes to an hour depending on the day. I also use a treadmill as well as go outside depending on the weather.

I'm coming do for a new pair so I'm interested in what other people are wearing also.
Ive heard good on the Mizuno Wave Rider though I have no idea on the fitting change. Manufacturers like to switch up a shoe that has a good general consensus on it, and then destroy it the next iteration around.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What do you run in? What are your likes/dislikes of what you're currently wearing? What kind of running do you do? What are you looking forward to using next?

I myself am looking for a new pair. Looking at Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged , Adidas Supernova Glide 8 & Nike Free RN Motion Klyknit. I usually don't run more than 10K and mostly run between 5-8K . I currently wear semi minimalist Asics Gel Speedstar 3 which I liked so much I stocked up on while they were still around.

I went to a store that specializes specifically in running. I went with a shoe in my head that I wanted. After talking to the person there, and them having me run in front of them they recommended a shoe based on how I ran, what my foot / ankle does / etc and I've never been happier with a pair of shoes.

FWIW if you have a store like that locally it might be worth while checking into

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I mean, I get the runs occasionally - every 4 months or so - but I try not to do it in anything. Shoes don't really matter at that point, just wish I had some ice cream at the time because it makes things raw. Hot runs are the worst though, I call them bobcats because your butthole burns so bad that it feels like a bobcat reached up and just violated your sphincter shoot.
Bwhite Bobcats Speed Splash 5 ill take em in size 10.5 in Rusty Nail Blood Red/4-Leaf Clover Green/Rubber Duckie Yellow color scheme.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Runners like asics and brooks (at least the ones I know.) But you need to know what kind of runner you are and what shoe fits that.

Roadrunner gives you a general idea if you don't want to go into store. Nike Vomero is probably the best nike to run in for most people. Full air max really is not built for that unless you're 140 pounds.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I went to a store that specializes specifically in running. I went with a shoe in my head that I wanted. After talking to the person there, and them having me run in front of them they recommended a shoe based on how I ran, what my foot / ankle does / etc and I've never been happier with a pair of shoes.

FWIW if you have a store like that locally it might be worth while checking into
I go to a same type of place here in KC. Makes all the difference in the world. I used to just go off the rack at a sporting goods store and battled shin splints until about 15 years ago. Worth the little extra money. I have a rule to never go cheap on shoes of any type.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I run in a Asics Gel nimbus 16 for the last couple of years with the Runners world custom sole inserts in them. I normally run 3x a week at exactly a 5k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to finish up one pair, already ran about 25 miles in the new pair, just didn't bother to track it.
Huge fan of asics!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk