What's new

RyJ Belicosos 2006

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK this is my first review and only my third cigar so don't pull any punches ..............

RyJ Belicoso 2006

To drink: Iced Cafe americano, followed by an iced Green Tea (It's been rediculously hot here..............

Pre-light: Hay/Grassy flavour and also some leather notes
Draw: Not too experienced as I said, but was easy to draw with a very slight resistance.

First third: Lights easily and evenly, lots of smoke, but not very thick at this point. Keeps the hay flavour and the leather notes get much stronger, slightly peppery, but in a good way.

Had to relight at one point, but that was due to me leaving it alone for nearly ten minutes, rather than it just dying on me.

2nd Third:

Still have the leather taste but the hay has disappeared to be replaced by, and I realise this sounds strange, parsley. My girlfriend agreed with me on this one and she also suggested a slight buttery taste that I couldn't find.

Ash hangs on until about half way.

Still tons of smoke, the pepper has disappeared.
Towards the end of the 2nd third the Leather disappears as well and I start to get something that I can't identify straight away, more on that in a bit.

Last third:

I start to taste the butter that my girlfriend suggested. The leather comes back into it after a little bit as well but I still have the mystery flavour. THe hay starts to come back as well as the pepper, although I don't know if this due to the cigar getting hotter as it gets closer to the nub.

This has been a really pleasurable cigar, I would definately have another. I found it flavoursome although very mild (although I did start to get a little buzzed towards the end which took me by surprise) and the flavours there are complemented the underlying tobacco smoke very nicely.

Oh, and the mystery flavour-I realised at the end-was walnut.......

OK, hit me.

(there are some pictures to go with this, hence the big gaps, but they don't seem to be loading. They are hosted on my website account. if anyone knows why they are not appearing let me know. Could it be I don't have enough time/posts here?)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Nice review. I've been smoking through a box of 07s & like them a lot. Fairly mild, but nice flavor. I detect notes of ginger in mine. Nice cigar for the morning.