What's new

RyJ Herm #2 EL--A Great End to a Long Week

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
We've been super busy these past few weeks and this week was hell. I drove my mother to Blytheville AR for a funeral. 10+ hours of driving with no cigars, missing 2 days of an already busy week, Thurs & Fri were wild.

So tonite I dug out an RyJ Herm #2, paired it with some Bali coffee my wife found (an excellent coffee that deserves it own review-Blueberry, Blueberry, Blueberry) sat down in the whirlpool for a relaxing soak.

These just seem to be getting better everytime I smoke one. The first third was sweet coffee and chocolate. It became floral with a fresh honey taste that stuck to the tongue.

The second third was fruity sweet, the coffee really brought this out and surprisingly strong. I could feel it in my belly. It kicked in a little clove spice and the chocolate started coming back.

The final third was like eating chocolate covered blueberrys and cashews a strange but pleasant combination. It had a long finish that lasted several minutes after each draw making for a long slow cigar.

I know drink pairings have an influence on the cigar but this coffee really brought this cigar to life. I'll be taking Big Mama out tomorrow night and enjoying another cigar after dinner paired with this coffee, maybe a PSD 3 as I think the EL's with the chocolate/coffee undertones are the way to go.