What's new

Sad news

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Fifteen years ago, my wife decided she wanted a shih tzu. I’ve never been much on dogs like that and I certainly never wanted to pay the crazy prices people want for them. She found a 1 year old shih tzu in an animal rescue shelter in Richmond that was seized from an abusive owner. Had a broken jaw from getting kicked or thrown or whatever and was so neglected, had to be almost completely shaved he was so matted. He was supposed to be my wife’s dog but I gave him some of my cheeseburger and we have been inseparable ever since. He truly is the best dog I have ever had and my loyal friend through good and bad. Due to his advanced age, his health has been slipping but this morning, he seemed dazed and lethargic and was having trouble breathing. My wife took him to the vet since I had to work and she just called saying he has a large tumor on his spleen that has more than likely spread to his heart. The surgeon has to evaluate it more tomorrow but given his age, medical history and the location of the tumor, I don’t feel very optimistic they will be able to operate. Without surgery, he may last a week or two.
I’m sorry for the rant but needed to vent. I know many of you brothers are dog lovers too. Enjoy them while you can. I feel like I wasted so much time with him. Bazooka has been my loyal smoking buddy for a long time. It won’t be the same without him.5FD69449-56EA-4186-8302-4F2416194CA1.jpeg

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Sorry to hear about Bazooka's heath, bro. Unfortunately, I've been in those exact shoes before and it's hard to say goodbye to such a loyal friend. Hold on to those memories of the good times you've had together.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I feel you brother, sorry about your friend. He gave you 15 years of companionship, be thankful. I believe our pets come back to us in a way I can't explain so maybe one day you'll find him again.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Having to say goodbye to a family pet is, unfortunately, something we often have to do in order to be able to enjoy the companionship and loyalty that only a dog can bring into our lives. As has been said already, hold on to those memories of all the good times you spent with Bazooka and he will always be there with you. I will say a prayer for Bazooka and your family brother.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am sorry to hear this. It's never easy. But I want to thank you and your wife for giving Bazooka such a great life. I would venture to say 3 lives were enriched in the deal. The hardest part is knowing when to let him go so he doesn't suffer, but it's a show of love.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I hope the memories you have of Bazooka will help you through this sad time. Dogs have always been family to me and mine, so I know how heavy your heart is tonight.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Sad news indeed. Pets are family. Never been one for little dogs myself, but i know how attached they can be with owners and vice versa. Lots of lap bonding i am sure. Cherish the time that is left, and prayers that surgery is an option to give him more time to spread happiness to those around.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm sorry to hear this. Remember all the good times you had with him. I dread the day it happens at my house and my oldest boy is showing signs of aging and it breaks my heart. My prayers are with you and Bazooka.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Our 4 legged friends are family...we lost both of our boys this year....Norman Jan. 28 and Columbo just 2 weeks later. Norman is the Avatar I keep on here to honor him. We are still grieving over these two and will for quite some time. I feel for your loss...it's the hardest thing we've had to deal with but we didn't want to just keep the mourning and grief going so we found another great dog...she can't take their place because thats impossible...she's just another family member to us. Deepest thoughts go out to you at this time.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is our newly acquired dog-daughter a month ago from our Rescue...Boxer/Pit mix and sweetest disposition ever....she thinks she's a lap dog and she saved our souls. Saving Rescues have been the best work by far in our lives and every one we have saved has turned around and saved ours.

20190316_223433.jpg

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Poor little fella :c I have a 15 year old chihuahua girl myself, kind of similar story. I was 12 when we got her and she was supposed to be my moms dog but ended up being mine. Most well behaved chihuahua most have ever seen!(no barking/biting whatever friendly and acts like a DOG!) my girl is the center of my life more or less, and i fear for the day i get bad news like this as well. I hope all goes well. My dog had 2 tumors removed earlier this year with a 50/50 of them being metastatic, after the lab results came back it turned out they were benign! So there is hope! Hang in there Brother.

43296410_737421079952766_3419689176239439872_n.jpg
Pic related, my little Gremelin lucy.