What's new

Safer cigars?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not smoke cigarettes, but occasionally can enjoy a cigar...

I wish to keep this nice habit as safe as possible...

Are there any cigars with less/no nicotine?

Are there any cigars that are marked to be safer for whatever reasons?

Any tips, tricks, links, suggestions are much appreciated :)

Thank you all...

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Occasional cigar + pipe smoking is probably better for your health than living in LA, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago ... or any of the other large cities with year-round air pollution issues. It also has the added effects of stress-relief, especially when combined with social interactions and occasional libations.

And there is much medical documentation and studies that show that people with friends ... those who drink responsibly ... and those with less daily stress tend to be healthier and live longer.

As for cigars with lower nicotine levels, there is quite a wide variety. Try some of the following to see what flavor profiles you like ... Ashton, Astral, Avo Classic, Baccarat, Bauza, CAO Gold, Casa Torano, Don Diego, Fonseca, Gispert, Helix, Montesino, JR Special Jamaican, Leon Jimenes, Macanudo, Montesino, Nat Sherman, Old Fashioned, Private Stock, Temple Hall. Your local tobacconist can be a good resource when you are just starting out.

I don't know of any tobacco that is "safer" than any other. Just don't inhale, smoke in moderation, see your dentist regularly and enjoy life! :cool:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ted pretty much nailed it. Quite honestly, if you are only an occasional (1-2/week or less I would say) cigar smoker, I wouldn't worry about the nicotine. You'll find you stay away from the ones with a ton of it as they will knock you on your ass and you probably won't be likely to go back to them. :wink:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Ted pretty much nailed it. Quite honestly, if you are only an occasional (1-2/week or less I would say) cigar smoker, I wouldn't worry about the nicotine. You'll find you stay away from the ones with a ton of it as they will knock you on your ass and you probably won't be likely to go back to them. :wink:

Exactly... But if you like weak cigars talk to Todd he should be able to point you in the right direction.... He is too much of a lightweight.. :hysterica :hysterica

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
InGearX said:
I do not smoke cigarettes, but occasionally can enjoy a cigar...

I wish to keep this nice habit as safe as possible...

Are there any cigars with less/no nicotine?

Are there any cigars that are marked to be safer for whatever reasons?

Any tips, tricks, links, suggestions are much appreciated :)

Thank you all...

Dude, if you are just having one "occasionally", well I don't believe you really have anything to worry about.
JMO.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I heard from a doctor on another forum that you can have one a day safely and not increase any health risks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a rare/casual cigar smoker (ever since I tried a fruit flavored Hookah http://images.google.com/images?q=Hookah&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi )

I just enjoy cigars in a company after a few drinks...

I'm wondering if this is a good deal (found in a back of Sync magazine): http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/default.aspx?page=product&uid=589&tlcode=PAC-T6222

Maybe there are better deals?
Maybe there is a catch?
Maybe the deal is not so great in value?

Any tips, tricks, links, suggestions are much appreciated ;)

Thank you all...

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
tedski said:
Occasional cigar + pipe smoking is probably better for your health than living in LA, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago ... or any of the other large cities with year-round air pollution issues.
I strongly believe this. Combining smoking with city-borne pollutants results in health hazards. For example, asbestos in clean lungs is not a health hazard, but combine the asbestos with smoke or pollution and you have a recipe for disaster.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
You are much better off with CigarsInternational.com or JRCigars.com. Stay away from Thompsons if at all possible.

InGearX said:
I'm a rare/casual cigar smoker (ever since I tried a fruit flavored Hookah http://images.google.com/images?q=Hookah&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi )

I just enjoy cigars in a company after a few drinks...

I'm wondering if this is a good deal (found in a back of Sync magazine): http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/default.aspx?page=product&uid=589&tlcode=PAC-T6222

Maybe there are better deals?
Maybe there is a catch?
Maybe the deal is not so great in value?

Any tips, tricks, links, suggestions are much appreciated ;)

Thank you all...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Jwrussell said:
You are much better off with CigarsInternational.com or JRCigars.com. Stay away from Thompsons if at all possible.
I agree, and that is a pretty full flavored sampler. You might want to start off with something a bit more mild/ less full bodied.