What's new

Saka event in Cali last night

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So he actually made it out here to California - Modesto of all places. He did an event at my local lounge, so I stopped in. We spent a few minutes reminiscing about the old days of cigar communities online with the old ASC newsgroup and how things have changed over the years.

As usual, he was in rare form... first thing he said to section I was sitting in... "Did you guys pay to be here tonight?" When we all nodded our heads, he responded with, "Well you guys got fucked!" hahahaha!

It was a great time - good cigars and good conversation.

Some pics:

Brulee Blue to start the day... well I should say to start the event... to be fair, I had a couple of cigars there at the lounge before the event...

0000-IMG_2763.jpg

Papa Saka

0001-IMG_2764.jpg

Me with my Brass ASC Zippo and Steve...

0002-IMG_7014.jpg

Choked on the CA tobacco taxes to buy a box of Brulee there at the event.

0004-IMG_2779.jpg

Buying the box meant I also got a #SakaSquatch that I had him sign:

0003-IMG_7008.jpg

0005-IMG_2780.jpg

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Congratulations on your meet-up. He is definitely a legend in the cigar world.

I love the ASC Zippo and that signed squatch is awesome!!

I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with him a few years ago at Corona Cigar in Orlando and it was real treat.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on your meet-up. He is definitely a legend in the cigar world.

I love the ASC Zippo and that signed squatch is awesome!!

I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with him a few years ago at Corona Cigar in Orlando and it was real treat.
Thanks!

Yeah he really is a riot. Exactly what you would expect if you read his facebook rants lolol!!!! And it is quite evident when we were all talking tobacco that he REALLY knows his stuff... there never was a doubt in my mind, but wow - he really got deep with that, the market, etc. It was fascinating!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks!

Yeah he really is a riot. Exactly what you would expect if you read his facebook rants lolol!!!! And it is quite evident when we were all talking tobacco that he REALLY knows his stuff... there never was a doubt in my mind, but wow - he really got deep with that, the market, etc. It was fascinating!
The fact that he is so open about the business and tobacco is why I enjoy the guy. Nobody else has come out on a podcast and laid down the real numbers of running a cigar brand. Nobody else is as open about how crop shortages and changes effect the product.

He can be bombastic, but if you pay attention he is a gold mine of knowledge.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The fact that he is so open about the business and tobacco is why I enjoy the guy. Nobody else has come out on a podcast and laid down the real numbers of running a cigar brand. Nobody else is as open about how crop shortages and changes effect the product.

He can be bombastic, but if you pay attention he is a gold mine of knowledge.
Absolutely!