What's new

Salvation Army Finds

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So I was at my local salvation army looking for some things with my friend, but instead of getting anything we actually needed, we just ended up getting totally unrelated items. My friend's not as into cigars as I am, but he does look out for me when it comes to cigar related items.

Friend: "Wouldn't it be cool if you found a humidor here?"
Me: "Yeah, that would be pretty awesome. Wait, is that one?"
Friend: (Opens box) "Nope."
Me: "Aww, too bad. Yeah, I didn't think it would be...wait, there's one over there. (hurriedly opens box, lifts tray to nose...takes a long whiff) That's cedar, this is a decent humidor, let's hope it keeps a good seal."
Friend: "Haha, that's awesome."

After we get in the car:
Friend: "Hey, it says it's Cuban."
Me: "You mean it says 'Cuban Crafters?'"
Friend: "Yeah"
Me: "I gotta look it up when I get home."

Sure enough I got home and it was a cuban crafters humidor which they sell for $50, which I picked up for $5. I also picked up a cigar ashtray for $.77.
Pics will be upcoming.

xrundog

Humidor Aficionado
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It doesn't happen often, but every now and then you can get lucky at a thrift store.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet. You obviously have a higher class neighborhood Uncle Sal's than I do. Mostly I find empty bottles of Tokay and Thunderbird... :bottle: :laugh:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have been to thrift shops up in Santa Barbara and found solid crystal cigar ash trays and humis in very good condition. It just depends on where you look.

xrundog

Humidor Aficionado
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been to thrift shops up in Santa Barbara and found solid crystal cigar ash trays and humis in very good condition. It just depends on where you look.

They actually have thrift stores in S.B.?:nodlaugh:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
They actually have thrift stores in S.B.?:nodlaugh:
Oh yeah. As the old rich pass on, a lot of their stuff ends up in three or four thrift stores. It is amazing to watch the women shopping in these places with $1,000 dresses and Gucci hand bags. It really funny. :laugh: