What's new

Sampling The New WLT Cibao Valley SKUs

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WLT already listed some "Cibao Valley" stuff, namely their PC (Piloto Cubano). They also have some stuff that's just listed as "Dominican." We don't know where it comes from or even whether it's Olor or PC. Weirdly unparticular compared to all their other Dominican offerings. I'd guess Olor from CV.

Anyway I got a few samples with my last order, and I bunged together three fresh blends to start, using my standard LO Olor seco/binder and FX Smith CT Shade wrapper, and then all the filler is from the samples I got (which don't include any visos, most notably the new Corojo).

Here are my first three test blends, which I'll start smoking tomorrow. These are done in a corona gorda vitola.

Slot 1: Olor binder, 1 leaf CVVA (Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo) Habano Seco; 2 leaves CVVA Habano Ligero

Slot 2: Olor binder and CVVA Habano Seco; CV Coro Lig, 2 leaves

Slot 3. Same formula, with CV CriolloLig.

I am a tiny bit curious to see how the CVVA Habano seco is, because until now I've only used NHS, in terms of Habano filler.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've got a very tiny tease for y'all. I've been tasting blends I've done with the new WLT Cibao Valley stuff. My spreadsheet entry for the first one reads, basically, "Meh. Not much going on here." And the second entry reads: "Holy Mother of God!" :woot:
In the words of my favorite brother, "you're a dick!" Said out of love

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You guys are just enablers, reading this and other posts last few days and i had to make another WLT order today, Cibao Valley Corojo Viso, Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Habano Seco and some of the Perique, im gona stop reading these threads lol
I don't accept the negative connotations of "enablers" when we are talking about "enabling well-being and joy."

As the 105-year-old WW2 vet says in the documentary when asked why he smokes cigars, "It makes me feel better."

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I don't accept the negative connotations of "enablers" when we are talking about "enabling well-being and joy."

As the 105-year-old WW2 vet says in the documentary when asked why he smokes cigars, "It makes me feel better."
It takes me to a better place. It puts my mind at ease and brings me a level of satisfaction nothing else can, not even a woman. Now, a woman and a cigar... Yahtzee!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've got a very tiny tease for y'all. I've been tasting blends I've done with the new WLT Cibao Valley stuff. My spreadsheet entry for the first one reads, basically, "Meh. Not much going on here." And the second entry reads: "Holy Mother of God!" :woot:
Ok, it's been 2 hours since you started the tease....enough already, let us know more!

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You guys are just enablers, reading this and other posts last few days and i had to make another WLT order today, Cibao Valley Corojo Viso, Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Habano Seco and some of the Perique, im gona stop reading these threads lol
You were warned ahead of time about these enablers! :) Then again, maybe we the enabled are the ones who are weak.
Incidentally, I had to order more leaf also based on what I've been reading here.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh, Jesus... long day.
To recap, I did three blends, which were LO Olor seco binder, 1 leaf the new CVVA (Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo) Habano Seco, and then two leaves of a given ligero, which were those listed in the first post. And the FX Smith CT Shade, which is a rich, fruity, spicy, flavorful wrapper. As a note, when I try blends that succeed with this wrapper with other wrappers they often less than thrill because those wrappers aren't bringing the same intensity to the party.

Normally I use NHS as my seco filler, and it is in fact a bit stronger than this Dominican version. But I wanted to use the Dom version across all these blends just to gleen more info, which I did.

In a nutshell the new CVVA Habano Ligero did nothing for me in these blends. I would not smoke such a thing twice. The CV Corojo Ligero was very good, but stronger, "blunter," and less flavorful than the "winner of this contest."

The God leaf was the CV Criollo Ligero. I mean this was so good that I got shivers and wanted to weep. This was the "Maria" (Holy Mother of God) leaf of these. It was... divine.

The only thing I didn't get a sample to play with was the Corojo Viso, but based on the quality of the Corojo Ligero I did put in an order for a pound of the Viso, to use accordingly. But I also put in an order for 3 lbs of the Criollo Ligero and 2 of the Habano seco.

People, I have been at this for three years and right now we are living in a mini golden age. WLT and LO Dominican tobaccos are hitting a level that is phenomenal. Must be there were some good years there out in the fields and we are just now reaping the benefits at the end of the food chain. We are blessed.