What's new

Saving Cigars for a Special Occasion.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm going to add to this Collection.

3 2004 Partagas Serie D No. 4
3 (One for each High School Graduations of my kids)

Padron Anni 64's Maduro (Still Need to purchase some of them)
(Smoke one each year for my Anniversary)

Now I need to come up with something special to buy for when each of my kids gets married so I can start aging them. :)

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I think I decided on a box of Siglo IIIs for smoking one annually on each of my son's birthdays. Then when he is 18 we can smoke one each together and I can give him an 18 year old fiver.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I think Siglo VIs tubos would be great. They are young right now, but have lots of potential. And the tube presentation would make them classy gifts for any occasion.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Almost every time I've saved a cigar for a special occasion I came away dissapointed. I'm not sure if it's all to do with building up the expectation, some where just plugged.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Hmmm, the Sig Vi's sound like a good idea Ted...maybe I should get a fiver. Smoke one now and save one each for the kids highschool graduations and then weddings.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
We all know you don't smoke cigars that big Todd! Don't fool yourself :hysterica

I've got a couple special cigars in the humi that aren't really dedicated for anything. I guess when I feel like I've done something special I'll smoke one :rofl:

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have a cohiba pyrimad i'm trying to save for a special occassion. Problem is i'm getting so low lately that all i have left is several EL's, so they might not last to long. :hysterica

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Ashy said:
I have a cohiba pyrimad i'm trying to save for a special occassion. Problem is i'm getting so low lately that all i have left is several EL's, so they might not last to long. :hysterica
That might be considered a good problem, by some.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Same thing for me. Before I got into Cubans I received a 02 Fuente 858 (i think this was the first release of them) and have yet to try it. Not even excited anymore as NC's don't do much for me. A couple of years ago I received a 02 or 03 RyJ EL or LE and I'm still waiting for that "special occasion" to happen, as I figure it is probably my best cigar in my collection. I also have some other special cigars the next one will probably be smoked on New Years, unless I win the Lotto or get a great Job promotion or something special happens.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
cvm4 said:
We all know you don't smoke cigars that big Todd! Don't fool yourself :hysterica

I've got a couple special cigars in the humi that aren't really dedicated for anything. I guess when I feel like I've done something special I'll smoke one :rofl:
Yeah, you're right Cliff...ya know though, when I am that old I may need the large ring guage in order to be able to draw on the cigar. :hysterica

Oh wait. I'll only be 46 when the boy graduates! :thumbsup:

I do plan on smoking a '85 RyJ Churchill tubo that Kurtdesign1 gifted to me when the boy is finally born.