What's new

Science Fiction shows you need to catch up on?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For Sci-Fi fans... those who could watch the Sci-Fi channel for hours before it became "SyFy"...

what do you need to catch up on or watch again? As winter sets in, for me, along with it comes more slacking in front of the TV. (when people aren't busy slamming their cars through guard-rails and flipping them over and down embankments).

I'm TNG'd out, although I do have to go through all the remastered Trek episodes, including TOS...
Been slowly getting through Voyager again as my girlfriend isn't a sci-fi fan at all but is a fan of The Doctor. I wish she'd be more into DS9 which I think was as good as TNG in the final 2 seasons).

I've got Babylon 5 that I've never seen besides the first few episodes.. its supposed to pick up in season 2? but I haven't got there yet.

Started Stargate SG-1 and didn't get far.. (want to get through these)

I want to acquire a copy of the Farscape Blu-Ray set before watching it again.. used to watch it semi-regularly, missed a few episodes in-between.

Firefly was awesome but I watched it through the first time with an ex-girlfriend who I've learned to loathe, and every now and then I'm reminded of her when it's on. (GRR MUST GET PAST THIS). lol

What am I missing here? Never seen Battlestar Galactica... how was Space Above and Beyond ?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I can't help myself....

[video=youtube;hRzkV7Sm-1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRzkV7Sm-1c&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i enjoyed Farscape. but sort of lost touch with it at the end. I miss Eureka, one of those shows my wife and i could agree on.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
if you like stargate sg-1, then there is also stargate atlantis and stargate universe to catch up on (not to mention the few movies they made). And firefly made a movie to wrap things up, called serenity.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Babylon 5 will take a dew episodes to get used to, but after a bit, you will be hooked. It's one of the best sci fi stories out their. The thing that makes it stand out is it's about the characters more than the plot line. I've watched all the episodes at least 5 times.
Space above and beyond was an ok show. I have the DVDs. It's more of a "marines in space" show but is worth a look.

You have got to watch Battlestar Galactica. It's my #2 favorite behind BB5

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Big SyFy network fan - I wish SyFy would show more old 60's, 70's, etc. shows that are no longer are on much anymore - the original Battlestar, 6 Million Dollar Man, Buck Rogers, Dark Angel (Jessica Alba), Max Headroom (currently watching on Netflix), Quantum Leap, The Prisoner (the first thing I watched on SciFi when we got it on tv), and the Outer Limits (they only seem to show Twilight Zone).

When they were SciFi they used to show them a lot. Now they seem like showing the same movies again and again (Saturdays are usually spider movie day, or sasquatch, hurricane, ice storm, etc.). Be nice if they had a day MST3K (which is one to put on your list if you haven't seen them - start with Clonus Horror it's funny as hell), or any of the shows I listed above.

+1 for Eureka & Fireflly - I miss them lot. SyFy still has Warehouse 13 on, but it isn't the same. I have Farscape & Babylon5 on my list of old series to watch sooner of later. If you didn't watch it when it was on tv - X-Files is must. I couldn't get into the newer Battlestar when it came (Starbuck as a woman just didn't seem right - no matter how Katee Sackoff was in the role).

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
For all you MST3K guys, Rifftrax will be doing Night of the Living Dead on Oct. 24th! A lot of fun if you haven't been to one.
Is that show still on? Haha, used to watch that 15yrs ago. I should check it out again.

KK33
Not still on but they do Rifftrax now which you can watch live at the movie theaters. The last showing was Starship Troopers, I totally recommend that if one of your local theaters is showing it to go.