What's new

Scion FR-S, Subaru BRZ

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Does anyone else love the look and specs on this car as much as I do? The article in Automobile had some very positive remarks about this car. It mentioned the designers targeted the Cayman in its handling qualities.

I'm a little confused as to whether it will only be a Scion here in the states, or if Subaru is going to offer their model here as well. The Subaru Drive magazine wasn't clear on it, but it sounds as though its going to be a limited Subaru release here.

I want one really bad, but common sense is telling me otherwise. I might have to wait for a 'gently used' one when the time comes ;)

Regards,.
Randy

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've been following this one for a while, and it will be popular. A cheap rwd like this will be a tuner's dream. I'm probably past that stage though, so I'd rather have something with more guts right off the line. I'll revisit when they release a turbo'ed model!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe it was first reported a AWD version would be made by Subaru but they changed that to a rear wheel drive like the Scion I'm pretty sure there is to be a Subaru version in the future. I work for a Subaru supplier and they are no longer releasing a Legacy turbo's in the U.S. market but the Impreza is built in Japan as is the Scion so it could use that engine for a turbo version. I've seen a couple of these around and they are a great looking car but I agree with z6joker9 a turbo would be great imho.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Saw a silver FRS on my way to Big Bear his weekend. Smaller than I imagined, but has great lines, and will no doubt be a racer!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I sat in a BR-Z at a dealership here. Very nice car and interior. Not too much plastic and the seats and "cockpit" were very comfortable. I like the appearances more than the Scion though it's very subtle. I sure hope they turbocharge it, but I have my doubts we'll ever see an AWD version.

30k for what you get seems very fair considering they are selling at MSRP.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I haven't had the chance to ride or drive in a BRZ yet but, I have seen many out at the auto-x events and they look incredibly balanced.

Subaru will eventually turbo the BRZ. At least I hope so. I believe this is the process they will take.

The new FA20 motor is currently turbo'd overseas in the Legacy GT. Next year we expect that motor to be installed in the new WRX/STI's. After that it will probably be placed in the BRZ, possibly as the BRZ STI.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have driven the brz. As a valet, I don't get to drive it far, but I did get an idea of the potential. I'd wait for the turbo

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I have driven the brz. As a valet, I don't get to drive it far, but I did get an idea of the potential. I'd wait for the turbo
That's the only thing holding the car back, is it being under-powered. I do wonder if an additional 50hp will upset the balance of the car.

I think it is a cool little car...if I were a high school student that is.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There actually is a group of guys from Accelerated Performance who have put a turbo on their BRZ. It gives them 54 extra hp at only 4psi.

There is a video of it and a stock FR-S "racing" on YouTube. I will try to find it and link it here.

Found it!
[video=youtube;D7_2QSLelY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7_2QSLelY8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Last edited: