What's new

Securing Gun in Vehicle

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Very nice! I've been meaning to ask you how you like the lock box. My old one doesn't work too well in the new car. Gotta figure out something else and was thinking about trying one like yours.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Very nice for 30 bucks. You can either cable it or there are 2 pre-drilled holes in the bottom of it to secure it in the vehicle.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Cable is strong but I seriously doubt it is wire cutter resistant. I would secure it with screws but the only way to do it would be on the back wall and it would suck trying to keep the pistol from sliding when locking it...if that makes sense,

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The wire cutter thing is prolly overkill anyway. It's out of sight and will prevent a smash&grab. Another question: how long is the cable?
(maybe I should just come down and take a look at it)

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Anybody know of a good lockbox for cars that would hold a pistol. I have 2 young kids and need a little more security when transporting a loaded gun. I also want access to in relatively quickly if I ever had the need. Something that went under the seat would be ideal.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
windowrx said:
The wire cutter thing is prolly overkill anyway. It's out of sight and will prevent a smash&grab. Another question: how long is the cable?
(maybe I should just come down and take a look at it)
About 4 feet I believe.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My uncle has a safe/strongbox, whatever you want to call it, fitted into his center console (Chevy 3500) and bolted down to the frame...I will post some pics if I can find them...All and all the setup is very nicely done and quite secure, but you lose all functionality of the center console..

Andrew