What's new

Seeking that perfect box recommendation

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out I am pregnant with our first. My husband and dad are HUGE cigar guys (as in have travelled around the world to different factories, walk-in humidors at home, etc.) and cigars are a significant part of our life and relationship. They’re often used to mark special occasions. I’d like to buy a box of special cigars to give them when I tell them I’m pregnant - to smoke together now and when the baby comes. Any chance you can offer suggestions as to the “perfect” box? I understand that it is very subjective but I’d love some thoughts! Thank you!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great idea but unless you are willing to wait 3 to 6 weeks to tell them you're not going to have Cubans in time. One of the big things around here is for daddy to smoke a cigar at each birthday and then smoke one together with the child when they hit legal age. 20 years of aging will probably require Cubans.

If they are into the hobby their local cigar shop probably knows them pretty well and might be a souce of what they like to smoke, check with their smoking buddies. Only thing worse then buying cigars for someone that doesn't know anything about cigarts is buying cigars for people that are real aficionados.

You can buy a couple of really good singles now and then make an educated decision on the Cubans over the next couple of months to present to him the day before birth.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I agree with this guy!
It's hard to imagine a more perfect box of cigars for the announcement for the start of a new generation for the new father and grandfather. Just sayin!

To the OP, if you do decide to get a box of these, I suggest calling TampaSweethearts and see if they can help. It is owned by the Fuente family.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
congratulations and welcome! Very cool of you to think of this. I suggest getting a nice box of My Father for them to hand out. Can't go wrong with any of them. And a befitting name too. Once your baby is born, you can't hunt down a box of cubans with the same box code as the birth month/year for an annual smoke.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Did anyone else happen to notice the OP, who is pregnant with her first child and is 44 years old? Along with they haven't been back since joining and posting the question.

Is this what they call "ghosting?" I feel so used! :):)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Probably should name the kid after his favorite cigar. Jim you want to work this weekend, no I need to stay home and spend some time with "Ashton" or "Olivia"