What's new

Shipping/storage bag question

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I was packing a couple of BoTL packages up today and decided that it would be a hell of a lot easier to ship/store cigars if I just broke down and bought some bubble ziplocks and the "finger" bags that David was distributing a week or so ago...

Well, I found a source for the ziplocks, at about $0.70/each but can't find any place that sells the compartmentalized bags. 'Course it would help if I could find a description that worked... anyhow, anyone have a source where I can get the zippy's for less (they come in cases of 50) or a source for the "finger" bags?

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Do yourself a favor and pick up the free USPS small priority boxes and wrap the sticks in bubble wrap - MUCH better protection - the compartment bags are sweet though!

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I have a case each of the small and larger boxes. :thumbsup: But after receiving my last auction winnings (some sweet Padron 1926s) I found myself stressing over the possiblity of damaging the sticks trying to get them out of the bubble wrap & tape cocoon they were shipped in. :argh: Receiving such a package should never be stressful. :crosseyed

That got me to thinking :thinkidea there HAD to be a better way to ship to the brothers. :yes: Figured if I got some reuseable bubble ziplocks and some divided cigar bags, they'd find their way around and be used over and over....:robinhood for what would amount to a buck or so would be well worth it since some of the beauties you guys send are worth many times that. :thumbsup: :smokingco :smokingco

But then, this is the kind of thinking that you get when AR and OCD collide! :wink: :shame: :shame:

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just save the bubble wrap from packages that are sent to me. Saves money and all I have to pay for from there is postage.

Renew, Reuse, Recycle

Save a tree...save a the guy chained to it.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Now that I have the 5 finger bags, I think I'll look for a smaller quantity of flush cut bubble bags. Smallest qty I can get is 650... that's a lot of bags for one guy to use. I hadn't until recently realized that the finger bags were zippies.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I would go in on the 650 box with you. I found a site that sells 100 for about $19. Can't tell if they are zip or one time use.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
PM me the site. Since the finger bags are zippies, the bubble out bags would be fine. One time use? Na. If they are 6X8 then you can just fold over the end and reuse, reuse, reuse.