What's new

Show Me Your Rack

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Anyone have a centralized audio/video 'rack' they want to post up? I'll show you mine. It's something that I'm into, but haven't updated mine in a couple years. Looking to maybe get a feel for new technology out there too as I'm due for an update.
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384198586.205069.jpg

Thx and I hope you weren't expecting something else from the thread title. LOL...

-KK33-

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Damn sideways pics. Here..
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384198831.355128.jpg

Top to bottom:
HTD 12 Amplifier - I have speaker wire ran to 5 rooms in the house. Have an extra 2 spots on here for a couple outdoor speakers in the future.

HTD Lync6 - 5 Keypads (room for 6) throughout the house connect to this via Cat5e cable. It has 12 inputs on the back, 6 from each keypad and 5 others plus a USB for a thumb drive with your tunes on it. iPad dock is mounted above in my garage and ties back to the Lync6. Also, has a global IR function for remote controls to tie to any device. Just have to point the remote at the keypads.

Atlona 4x4 HDMI Matrix Switch - 4 HDMI inputs and 4 HDMI outputs. Can watch BluRay or Dish in any room from here. The Hopper bypasses this so all I have plugged in here is Canadian Dish and BluRay player. Could get AppleTV in here maybe. Uses 1 Cat5e for HDMI signal.

NetGear 24 port switch - Probably overkill, but it was rack mountable, so I got it.

Denon 2310(I think) - For home theatre room. I call it that but it isn't much. Old 55" Panasonic Plasma and 7.1 surround with HTD in wall speakers for L, R and 4 surrounds. Paradigm center and sub. Seriously need an upgrade to this, but spend too much on cigars. LOL

Tripplite power bar - Again, needed something rack mountable

APC Power conditioner/surge protector - Wouldn't be without one of these. Again, one of the only rack mountable ones I could find.

HTD amp for in-wall sub in my garage

Hopper Joey

LG BluRay - I use this mostly for MLB.TV. Can't miss my Mets!

The Hopper - I had Direct, but didn't like it.

-KK33-

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks I took my shirt off before seeing what this was about. Damn you KK LOL.

That is a pretty sweet set up...I wish I had the ability to do that but I am broke and lazy lol.
Maybe after the renos are done I may dabble a little lol.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
The biggest thing is to make sure you have your Ethernet and speaker cables ran if you are doing a reno. Better to be looking at it, then looking for it. Sorry if this thread wasn't what you were expecting. Gonna be hard to keep Hoshy at bay. JK man...

-KK33-

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I used to have all my stuff in rack mounts at the old apartment. I built a workstation out of an 8' nice piece of laminated countertop with the racks in to both sides of a workstation. Countersank a 24 track mixer on one side with all the audio equipment below in a rack mount (Digital I/O converter, headphone amp, digital tuner, audio patch bay, effects, ect...) and the other side was the computer and other equipment (cable box, router/modem, switches and various video equipment). I really liked that setup when I was working because everything was right there at arms length. I installed easy to remove panels on the sides of it as well so it was easy access but at the same time hid the clutter of all of the cables when I had guests over. I really had a lot of fun working on the DAW, but started working more and not having the time and eventually everything started collecting dust along with my desire to record/edit music.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I used to have all my stuff in rack mounts at the old apartment. I built a workstation out of an 8' nice piece of laminated countertop with the racks in to both sides of a workstation. Countersank a 24 track mixer on one side with all the audio equipment below in a rack mount (Digital I/O converter, headphone amp, digital tuner, audio patch bay, effects, ect...) and the other side was the computer and other equipment (cable box, router/modem, switches and various video equipment). I really liked that setup when I was working because everything was right there at arms length. I installed easy to remove panels on the sides of it as well so it was easy access but at the same time hid the clutter of all of the cables when I had guests over. I really had a lot of fun working on the DAW, but started working more and not having the time and eventually everything started collecting dust along with my desire to record/edit music.
Cool CMac. Sounds super geeky, I like! It's too bad that you don't keep up, but yeah a guy gets busy with other things like work. And when you don't keep up, things get outdated quickly and it's easy to lose interest.
All of my stuff is pretty plug and play with no programming. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

-KK33-

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do something vulgar and then I remembered that anything you put on the interweb STAYS on the interweb. Here is my rack.

From Top L-R

VPI HW-19 Turntable with Audioquest Arm and Sumiko Naked Blue Pointe Cartridge
Krell KPS-20i CD-Player
Control 4 Home Automation System Module
Wadia Ipod digital transport
Playstation Blu-Ray, soon to be replaced with the recently acquired Oppo BDP-105 Multi-Disc Player
JVC VHS, Yes I still have one of these
Anthem Statement d 2 Pre/Pro
Monster powerline conditioner
McIntosh MC207 7-Channel amp

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
For the most part the software was really the only thing I felt I needed to keep up with. Sure, they streamlined a lot of the hardware I had, but I thought my setup was pretty solid for recording/mixing. I was pretty close to investing in a mixing console just so I could have flying faders during mix down, lol.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
no pic - home a/v gear

panasonic black xr-55
sony dvd player bought in 96ish
optima dv10 480p projector
boxee box

and been eyeballin a fiio x3 - we'll see what santa says

Thanks !