What's new

Shrink Wrap Question

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
AF Anjeos. Box comes shrink wrapped with a boveda pack inside. Do you open the shrink wrap or leave the box as is for aging?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The box is varnished on top of it being shrink wrapped. I'd open it, check the cigars out and then just close it back up without the Boveda humipak. The varnished box + cello will slow the aging process anyway. No worries, IMO.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
MRN mentions something about leaving cigars wrapped in shrinkwrap. Personally, I'd open them, but I like storing all my cigars a certain way. I guess that one is up to you because I haven't seen much in the way of info on what to do there. I guess it all depends on how slow you want them to age. I'm impatient so I like to maximize oxygen/air turnover in my humi space and minimize ammonia buildup.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The cellophane sleeves cigars come is is permeable to air and will breath and allow cigars to age, however slower than if they were bare....I'm not so sure about plastic shrinkwrap...the A/F Holiday sampler I bought had shrinkwrap...I took it off, looked at the cigars and closed it up again...I would however leave the humipack in it as I understand that thing is good for several months, and sits in there even though the box is usally in the humidor room at the cigar store...

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
cvm4 said:
The box is varnished on top of it being shrink wrapped. I'd open it, check the cigars out and then just close it back up without the Boveda humipak. The varnished box + cello will slow the aging process anyway. No worries, IMO.

:yes:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
cvm4 said:
I agree with dave agreeing with me :yes:

:laugh:
:rofl: :devilhead

Guess I will crack them open. I've had them since December just sitting in the bottom of the cooler.