What's new

Simple Crockpot Roast

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Here is a simple crockpot roast recipe, especially for those of you enduring the freezing temps right now.
-1 beef chuck roast about 3 lbs, with little fat (or substitute elk or venison roast)
-2 packs of Au Jus gravy mix
-2 packs of ranch dressing mix (only use 1 if you don't like a rich tasting dish)
-1 can of French onion soup
-6 peperoncinis

Put the roast in the crockpot on low heat (I set mine on the 10 hr low cycle). Pour the ranch and au jus packs over the meat, then the can of soup. Add the peppers around the meat. You can add any vegetables that you like, near the end (I add carrots and mushrooms in the last 2 hours). Serve with a side of mashed potatoes with the gravy from the crockpot, along with any other sides you desire, and enjoy. Very simple and good. Even better for leftovers for the next day's lunch. Enjoy!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425869801.170478.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425869813.472280.jpg

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sounds awesome brother. I'll give it a try during our next cold spell. We are do for one more in sure.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I have to give that recipe a try!!

When ever I cook a roast in the Crock pot I find it taste better if I sear the sides before putting in the crock. Just seem to give it a more beefy flavor.
Yes always sear the meat you put in a crock pot. Nothing like adding another layer of flavors