What's new

Simple question about CC's?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So I am planning on taking the plung after thing settle down after this Christmas thing is done with. Have been told two sea stories by. People about CC's.

Story one is they are good to go after a week in storage, to get back to proper Temp., and RH.

Story two is the need time to get better, do not smoke unless you put them away 2 - 3 YEARS MINIMUM.

Whio is right, or only 1/2 right?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So I am planning on taking the plung after thing settle down after this Christmas thing is done with. Have been told two sea stories by. People about CC's.

Story one is they are good to go after a week in storage, to get back to proper Temp., and RH.

Story two is the need time to get better, do not smoke unless you put them away 2 - 3 YEARS MINIMUM.

Whio is right, or only 1/2 right?
Depends on the particularbrand, line, and your preferences. Some smoke pretty good out of the gate, but you can tell they'll get a bit better. Some just straight up aren't ready, and some can get overly mild with time (to my preferences).

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
proper rh is 60 to 63% for Cubans.
You need to provide for storage, a Tupperware works well, and get a digital hydrometer and check it for accuracy.
not a big deal,even a ziplock bag works for storage.
be patient,it takes a while to dry down a cigar.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
There are a few cigars that really do need time to develop.
Cohiba, Por Larranaga, Sir Winston, and a couple more need 4 to 5 years to show their real potential.
Most others will be approachable in 2 to 3 years.
Any Cuban can be smoked with one year on it, but you may not get the full experience.
It is sad to think of all the really nice cigars that have been burnt up prematurely in the last few years.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Its all personal preference and goes cigar by cigar. You might like the "fresh" profile or you might prefer a cigar with some age. I think the best thing to do when your starting out with cubans is to see if you can grab a few singles or samplers with a little age on them. Find the cigar you like and then buy a box and do as other have suggested and try one every few months. What have you had in the cc world so far?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well today I had something else totally to me, a Alec Bradley- K147 - Short Run Origin is Nicaragua, it was Robesto size. Another trade Cigar I got from a BOTL Member.

Nice Stick was constructed good, packed tight, but draw was excellent with no needed help from my Cigar poker. Good burn quality, good ash formation. No problems.

Nice flavor profile, and apparently an exclusive of Thompson Cigar down in Florida U.S.A. :cigar:

View attachment 106169

View attachment 106171
I don't want to be a dick, but before you take the plung to Cubans would you consider investing in some serious skin repair hand lotion? It is painful just to see in a pic. If you promise to use it, I will send you some of my wife's home made concoction. It works for me. I might even send a few bodyguards along.
Please don't be offended, I see a lot of hands at my job.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I don't want to be a dick, but before you take the plung to Cubans would you consider investing in some serious skin repair hand lotion? It is painful just to see in a pic. If you promise to use it, I will send you some of my wife's home made concoction. It works for me. I might even send a few bodyguards along.
Please don't be offended, I see a lot of hands at my job.

Honestly I have the stuff to do the kin repairs you speak of. I have Cornhuskers, and some good stuff from the VA. I am not in any pain. My of the skin damage has been caused from exposure to chemicals, from working years.

Also now it is winter, and I stit outside 3 or more hours daily. We have a cool snap so the shin get beat up more. Thanks for the offer, maybe I will use some of the VA goop today.

Maybe next time I posts photos with hand I will put on some black cotton gloves.