What's new

SLR Lonsdales?

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have some vintage lonsdales that are IMO past their prime (I'd smoke yours soon Todd since they are the same age as mine. Don't go thinking they're expired, just sliding downhill). This is a strong smoke for an SLR, but strong in it's components, not nec in it's feel, if that makes sense. I'm getting some 92s in this week and will comment on them after a rest.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of my favourite lonsdales along with the monte 1 and VR clasico,i have a box coded RECE0001 have smoked about 12 of them 1 which was slightly plugged but very good comlplex slightly earthy cigars,which definitely benefit from age,that said i would be very wary buying cubans dated 97-02 and would buy recent production with a view to ageing them myself

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
puropaddy said:
one of my favourite lonsdales along with the monte 1 and VR clasico,i have a box coded RECE0001 have smoked about 12 of them 1 which was slightly plugged but very good comlplex slightly earthy cigars,which definitely benefit from age,that said i would be very wary buying cubans dated 97-02 and would buy recent production with a view to ageing them myself
See, I've heard differently then this in that you should almost avoid recent production entirely if you plan on aging them more then 5+ years. May'be you have an inside scoop as to if the cubans are doing something differently to make the tobacco taste so good young?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I know, I just like to get varying viewpoints on them. Figured it couldn't hurt :eyepoke: