What's new

Smart Home Humidor

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are there any hygrometers that are compatible with smart home ecosystems? What about a humidifier system that can be adjusted as well? Were going full smart home with our new place and figured it'd be nice to have the humidor hooked in.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are there any hygrometers that are compatible with smart home ecosystems? What about a humidifier system that can be adjusted as well? Were going full smart home with our new place and figured it'd be nice to have the humidor hooked in.
I integrated wireless sensor tags into my SmartThings setup. The cooling and air circulation is controlled by ST and I get text notifications with a daily humidity report and a critical text if the humidity is low. I’m using passive humidification, so it just does its thing. If you had active humidification, it could be controlled in the same way the cooling is. Good luck and enjoy!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read somewhere that the new Cigar Oasis is already WiFi ready. Meaning you would be able to connect to your phone and make adjustments by app. Don't know how that helps with Smart Home integration.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I integrated wireless sensor tags into my SmartThings setup. The cooling and air circulation is controlled by ST and I get text notifications with a daily humidity report and a critical text if the humidity is low. I’m using passive humidification, so it just does its thing. If you had active humidification, it could be controlled in the same way the cooling is. Good luck and enjoy!
Would you mind elaborating on what you have a little?? I am interested in this.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Would you mind elaborating on what you have a little?? I am interested in this.
Components in my setup:
  • Wireless Tag Sensors - These are the fancy little tiles that I use to detect temperature, RH, motion, light and vibrations in my humidor. At $29 per tag (with the discount from the link) I decided to put them in my humidor, fridge, freezer and gun cabinets.
  • Wireless Tag Manager - This is a small device that plugs into your ethernet network. It allows the tags to talk back to the web interface and for you to see your data. If I recall correctly, the tags have about an 800ft range from this tag manager.
  • SmartThings Hub v2 - This device talks to the web interface for the wireless tags and talks to the Inoveli smart plug. This essentially serves as the bridge between your tag sensors and your fans.
  • Innoveli Smart Plug - This is the smart plug that my wineador and wineador fans are plugged into. This switch talks to and is controlled by smartthings.
  • WebCoRE Smart App - WebCoRE is a free smart app that runs on the SmartThings platform. This is app is what allows me to turn my wineador on and off based on temperature and allows me to turn my fans on and off.
I've got two tags in my wineador, one in the top drawer and one in the bottom drawer. These tags are polled by the tag manager and the data is uploaded into a web portal. My SmartThings hub has an interface into that web portal and is specifically monitoring for temp and humidity. I have a script (they're called pistons) in WebCoRE that says "If the temperature goes above 69 turn on the plug for the wineador. If the temperature drops below 66 degrees, turn off the plug for the humidor" I also have one that says "If the humidity between the top drawer and the bottom drawer is equal to or greater than a difference of 4%, then turn on the plug for the fans. If the humidity between the top drawer and the bottom drawer is less than a difference of 4%, then turn off the plug for the fans." I've also got some other pistons running that text me every day at 5PM to let me know what the temp and humidity of my setup is. It will also text me if the temp or humidity is too high or too low.

I know that was a lot, but hopefully it answered your questions. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)