What's new

SMH at the B&M humidor.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
At a pretty high-end shop today, and while perusing the walk-in heard a coughing gurgling bubbling sound. I look up to the wall-mounted humidifier and it is spitting out water that's falling right on top of a stack of Todos las Dias boxes, and the lid of the top box is soaked. Right next to that was a stack of Drew Estate BOTLs.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I bet this probably happens more then we think. My B&M just has a small room humidifier on the floor.
Ding, ding, ding

Most B&M’s have their quarks (RH to high or low, boxes to close to humidification source, etc)

Every time I bring some home I try to let them acclimate for a bit.

I hate telling them any issues I see, makes me feel like I’m going to become “that guy” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I hate telling them any issues I see, makes me feel like I’m going to become “that guy” lol
You know, if pointing out obvious problems in the humidor makes you "that guy" the shop is trying to take advantage of their customers. A reputable shop would appreciate being notified of a problem. If not they just don't care about the product or the customer, for that matter.

I pointed out a box of moldy cigars to a manager (after their other store had water damage from a fire, go figure?) and the guy just looked at me kind of gruffly and gave me that "don't bother me " look. Never been back.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At a pretty high-end shop today, and while perusing the walk-in heard a coughing gurgling bubbling sound. I look up to the wall-mounted humidifier and it is spitting out water that's falling right on top of a stack of Todos las Dias boxes, and the lid of the top box is soaked. Right next to that was a stack of Drew Estate BOTLs.
you would think with the kind of money they have invested in inventory they would take humidification a little more seriously .
its the first thing i had to get a handle on when I started there was a real learning curve.