What's new

Smoked Coffee?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I was recently told about a bean retailer by a customer at the cigar shop. So I checked it out and they have smoked coffee. I'm so intrigued by this that I have ordered a bag of it to give it a try. Has anyone else here had smoked coffee?

The closest I came to drinking anything smoked was some tea I got once that tasted how your clothes smell after a night around a camp fire. I still have it and it's decent tea but it has an offending aroma to some people. hehe

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Interesting, not so much for drinking. I can see uses for this bean in cooking, a nice savory sauce for venison or lamb.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Okay guys I got the coffee a few days ago. I have brewed two pots of it. One with paper filter and one with a gold mesh filter. Each pot tasted almost the same. The metal filter had a little fuller flavor thanks to the body and oils. Anyhow the smoke flavor that has been imparted on the coffee beans is very faint as you would imagine. I do not know whether they smoke them while green or if they smoke them after roasting. Either the coffee is good. High quality beans with a hint smoke in the mouth.

I like it. Though they're not a sponsor I got it at coffeebeandirect.com. I'm still big on my blackdog and if those of you that like coffee and haven't ordered from Brian yet I suggest it.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
was it like "drinkin' coffee and chewing a piece of beef jerky at the same time" flavor?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Nope not at all. You could hardly detect the smoke flavor if you ask me. Then again if I didn't smoke cigars maybe my taste buds would be more sensitive? They don't hold much smoke flavor due to their lack of water or some sort of moisture which we know is essential to smoking. I was sort of hoping for a slight "drinking coffee and chewing a piece of jerkey at the same time" flavor actually.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Nope not at all. You could hardly detect the smoke flavor if you ask me. Then again if I didn't smoke cigars maybe my taste buds would be more sensitive? They don't hold much smoke flavor due to their lack of water or some sort of moisture which we know is essential to smoking. I was sort of hoping for a slight "drinking coffee and chewing a piece of jerkey at the same time" flavor actually.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
How was the grind and did you try it through a French press? I might need to get some of thiss to cook with. I'm thinking ice cream right now would be interesting with a smokey creaminess to it.