What's new

Smokin' Gunz: Edmundo Dantes, Conde 54 review

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0

This is a short Review of the Edmundo Dantes Conde 54.
Size: 54 x 6.5" Double Robusto
Regional Release: Mexico
Number of Boxes made: 1000

Construction was excellent and had a wrapper that was a beautiful reddish-clay brown wrapper. Quality control on these were excellent and all offered the same high quality construction.

Pre-Light offered a nice clean aroma of tobacco, earth and barnyard. It is hard to describe but you could tell you were in for something special.
Light: Earthy tobacco, almost no spice but medium bodied, the smoke was exceptionally rich and creamy right from the beginning.

First Third offered a very moist earthy taste and very creamy feel to the smoke that was comforting and not choking. Very subtle hints of a black pepper was on the back end of the throat, while offering subtle complexities of sweetness that I can only describe as candied dates.

Second Third offered even more fresh earthy-tobacco flavor with a unique whole grain bread flavor that comes from those warm buns at a steak house. The smoke continued to be very rich and creamy, with hints of dark-rich chocolate and a slight toasty note.

Last Third offered more of the same richness and Monte earth flavor, although it seemed to be more of the same, it continued to offer subtle enjoyable flavors that I could not quite put my finger on.

Finish offered a little more black pepper spice on the back end of the palate while having a rich and creamy smoke.

Final Thoughts: This cigar's construction was excellent and burned and drew like a dream. It had a familiar theme of flavors throughout the entire smoke, but it was not boring in the least. The complexity is in its simplicity and all the flavors are hidden just underneath the creamy smoke that is produced. The ash that was produced was a nice peppery white and dark firm construction. For a young cigar, it has many of the characteristics and complexities of one that is more mature. I can only hope these complexities and subtle traits continue to develop with time as I thoroughly enjoyed it already. If you get a chance, grab one, I don't think you will be disappointed, despite the high price tag.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
great review. I found these to be smoking better ROTT than the ED 109s. Beautiful cigars and presentation once you get all the warning labels off the box. LOL