What's new

Smoking bans, taxes burn cigar makers

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-07-29-cigars_N.htm?csp=34

I am so sick and tired of the Smoke Nazi's lumping cigars and cigarettes in the same breath. These folks will not be happy until they have cratered the industry and a chunk of the economy with it.

While I do my best to be civil in my individual pursuit of a hobby which I love. Stories like this wrankle me to no end!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
You got that right. The taxes in Hawaii will jump to 50% (from 40%) as of October. I am expecting a decline in sales as a result. :sadstare:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What everyone needs to learn from things like this is that if you do not know a lot about a subject DO NOT OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND TALK ABOUT IT!!! People clearly are not educated enough about tobacco to make an informed decision about the two, yet they still do. However many people do this about other subjects so unless you yourself can restrain yourself from dumping your opinion into a subject you are not educated in how can you blame them?

Comparing cigs to cigars is like comparing wine with grape juice on a physical aspect.

Cigarettes are literally a drug delivery tool. They are an object designed to deliver a drug as quickly and effectively into your system. They are akin to a syringe. Cigars are far different but of course the uneducated would not know this, and most do not care (which is understandable). It is just sad.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
It's just the sign of the economy. Our politicians are scrambling to find places to increase revenues and smokers are an eazy target. but in there rush to raise taxes they fail to realize that the revenue goes down because people stop buying due to the higher costs. which leads to our politicians to raise the taxes even higher. It's a never ending cycle.