What's new

Smoking in a walk in

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I do not understand this and maybe I am missing something.

I have seen pictures of guys posing in a walk in at the brick and mortar places with a lit cigar in thier mouth. What is up with that? It seems that the smoke would leave it stale in the walk in. I know they have air treatment systems in place , but it seems this would be detremental to the cigar's enviroment.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I would never smoke in a walk-in. Instincts tell me that smoking in a walk-in is not a good idea.

TYLER

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would never do it, but last time I was at Cigar King some old timer was smoking up the humi with something horrible smelling.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Theres a couple shops in MNPLS where they smoke in the walk in humi's... I've always been so shocked that they were doing it that I never asked about it.

Doesnt seem right to me either...

course I doubt most people rub themselves with cigars on a daily basis to keep that young youthfull skin look going either

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I stopped at Cigars International Store in Bethlehem,Pa right before Christmas. From outside all the windows were wet with humidity. The whole store is humidified with some hujass room humis. All the cigars are out on shelves and 3 out of the 5 salesmen were smoking inside. Maybe it's so big and maybe overhumidified during the day to deal with the front door (single door no foyer) opening and closing that they can exhaust the air or run air cleaners. I don't know but it was mighty nice in there and about 20 outside.

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When I was in Mexico last year there were several shops that had signs on the door to their walk-ins that said that there was no smoking allowed in the humidor and they meant it I actually saw a guy get yelled at for doing it. But, I have never seen any signs in the states and I have seen people smoke in humidors i just think it would be common sense not to smoke inside of one kind of like not farting in church.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bum Fudge said:
I stopped at Cigars International Store in Bethlehem,Pa right before Christmas. From outside all the windows were wet with humidity. The whole store is humidified with some hujass room humis. All the cigars are out on shelves and 3 out of the 5 salesmen were smoking inside. Maybe it's so big and maybe overhumidified during the day to deal with the front door (single door no foyer) opening and closing that they can exhaust the air or run air cleaners. I don't know but it was mighty nice in there and about 20 outside.
Same thing at JR's...Theres a long table with chairs..and a coffee maker right beside it. You can have a herf!! :smt028 :smt028 :smt028 :smt028 :smt028 ....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what????? you cant fart in church?????????? whats the world coming to. its the only payback for that raunchy old lady perfume smell. god i hate that.:smt099 :smt018

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't think it is a good idea and would furthermore not buy cigars if from a place that had this as a practice. We all know how a cigar taste if you re-light it after a too long rest.... If you smoke in a walk in amongst all the other boxes, there is bound to be smoke going into the boxes and would lay as a film on the cigars (not even thinking about going into the cigar as I think the risk for that is minimal).... This smoke would obviously go stale and eventually start effecting the cigar. I don't think that one or two cigars would make much of a difference in a walk in, but if it is a frequent practice it would.

The only way to stop this smoke from going stale is by having a really good ventilation system to extract the smoke, however, I don't think this is a good idea either as there is no ventilation system that won't effect the humidity.. and further, as I believe in reducing the amount of air reaching my cigars on a constant basis (for ageing purposes)... to not only allow the normal air circulation but effectively replace the air in the room in a rapid speed (the ony way the could get rid of the smoke) IMO will speed up the maturation and thus render the cigar unsuitable for long term ageing at least.

This is only for places that have their cigars in the open in the walk in.... I have seen places where they have cabinettes with glassdoors along the walls.. and you walk into a room and can see the cigars... this to me is not really what I class as a walk in humidor.. the cigar environment is then restricted to the cabinett and not where you are when you would be smoking so this would be a situation where the ventilation etc could be organized... but with a real walk in so you walk into the cigar environment when you enter... no.. no smoking there....

Sleeping in a walk-in however is heaven!!!! just my 2cents though...

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yea i do not think that it is a good idea either... Just thinking about it logically does not make any since at all.... The whole point of the humidification device can be reversed by smoking in the humi.... .I dont know just my opinion..

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
My B&M is just one big shop with cigars lining the walls and chairs/couches in the middle. When I smoked n/c's, I never really noticed a stale cigar smell on my cigars. It also helps to have a very good ventilation system.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
yeah, one of the local shops I frequent is of the open air variety. You walk into the shop, they have a seating area to the right, and then cigars all along the walls around the shop in the rear...strange setting. nice cigars, though.